The AMD 3GHz Club

The rules state a minimum of 8 hours of sp2004 or orthos depending on single or dual core and the required benches to make the OCDB or the 3G's entry...

You are close..just a slight bump will probably get you over the hump..;)

I try to shoot for 9 or 10 hours...;)

The rules say 8 hours, but if you run it for 10 hours and it fails after nine, is it still alright to post? Since technically it still failed the test.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a fail is a FAIL, after 7h49m or 10h12m - test failed. IMO it should show passing every test with success. :)

You're right - a fail is a fail. I read it in thread somewhere, with a response from AG saying as such. A litle bump in volts, or loosening of the timings - and he should be good to go :)

The rules say 8 hours, but if you run it for 10 hours and it fails after nine, is it still alright to post? Since technically it still failed the test.

in short yes...

It could fail at 8hours and 1 second...and be good...but would you accept those results..?;)

No it wouldn't be, if it says FAILED it is NOT valid for a OCDB entry, I don't care if you have it having ran for 24 hours.

Best thing to do is to run it for 8, screenie it for your OCDB entry, then run it for 12-24 of your own fruition to insure stability.

No it wouldn't be, if it says FAILED it is NOT valid for a OCDB entry, I don't care if you have it having ran for 24 hours.

Best thing to do is to run it for 8, screenie it for your OCDB entry, then run it for 12-24 of your own fruition to insure stability.

Thats seems dumb to me. So you can run it for 8 hours and stop it....and it is stable. But you run it for say 12 hours and it fails then it is unstable?? w/e...if thats the rule then then ok but personally I think that is stupid. Because that stopped 8 hour run will more than likely fail eventually anyways.

Thats seems dumb to me. So you can run it for 8 hours and stop it....and it is stable. But you run it for say 12 hours and it fails then it is unstable?? w/e...if thats the rule then then ok but personally I think that is stupid. Because that stopped 8 hour run will more than likely fail eventually anyways.

It's stable - or it isn't. Pretty simple stuff. The screen shot means jack to me if it isn't legit.

Yeah it is pretty simple. IMO a failed 12 run is just as stable as a 8 hour run that was stopped before given the chance to fail. I'm not gonna argue about the requirements to post an OCDB but I would still consider my OC stable if it failed anytime after 8 hours.

Honestly, the OCDB requirements come close, but don't guarantee stability. You can pass 24 hours of prime and the benches, then 30 minutes into your favorite game watch it drop to the desktop.

Honestly, the OCDB requirements come close, but don't guarantee stability. You can pass 24 hours of prime and the benches, then 30 minutes into your favorite game watch it drop to the desktop.

I agree as well. I usually run 3d01 and 3d03 three or four times during the course of an Orthos or Prime run. If it's going to fall over it will running both at the same time.

I agree for the most part...

Given the requirements that still maynot garauntee stability... As mentioned to could pass 8hours, 10hours or even 24-48hours and meet the required benchmarks and post a OCDB or 3G's entry and go to play a game and not make it 10 minutes and get bounced out of a game only to see the desktop next...

Some rigs are just iffy like that...I had a instance a while back where i was doing some movie encoding and at about 80% I would get a blue screen followed by a reboot...It did it everytime at about the same place...

I thought my clock was slipping away already.. I upped vcore and vdimm to no avail...turns out the DVD and a small blemish and the reader i was using was a Sata reader that freaks when it gets caught in a read I/O error...

I put the DVD in another PC and it just froze at that spot...so I know it wasnt my rig just going crazy...;)

But in short...the good General asked if he ran orthos for 10 hours and it failed at 9hour IS it still alright to post an entry....

I said Yes...because it passed the minimum requirement of 8 hours

some of you might not agree with that but rules are rules...doesnt matter if it went 8 hours and 1 second then failed...it made the minimum...

but like I asked would YOU accept those results...;)

Just to mess with you all I am going to see if I can get mine to fail in the 8 hour mark and post an entry to give you all something to look at...;)