The AMD 3GHz Club

@OldGuy Did you have the E6400 on the Infinity and what program were you using to monitor temps? Right now I have decent water on the E6400 but I am going to be switching all the parts in the Abit into the Infinity and giving the E6600 a run..

I pretty much rely on Everest Ultimate. Registers the same as core temp...

As far as temps go? Hell I had so many different mobo/cpu combos over the last 3~4 months I really couldn't say...I'm on my fourth combo in less than a three week period...I'm so confused :confused: :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@OldGuy Did you have the E6400 on the Infinity and what program were you using to monitor temps? Right now I have decent water on the E6400 but I am going to be switching all the parts in the Abit into the Infinity and giving the E6600 a run..

I ran Everest and Coretemp on my 6400/Infinity combo.

Well, damn. I set all my RAM timings manually, so at least I'm not running at auto. In fact I set them pretty loose.

It turns out that wasn't the problem, though. The board still won't boot at 334, stopping right where it usually says "verifying DMI pool data" (I think) and then rebooting.

Lower FSB speeds result in getting to that screen, only this time several of the characters would be replaced by random characters of random colors with random background colors (obviously some kind of code corruption somewhere). (it would appear that attempting to boot at 325 results in an even worse effect than 334, even thouh it still won't boot either way).

Lowering FSB speeds further to around 323 it will finally boot. But it's not anywhere near stable, failing Prime within seconds and freezing altogether whenever it feels like it.

At this point I'm not sure what's causing what. Does anyone have any ideas?

By the way, I'm running at 1.5V.

What are your read preamble and Max Async set to? Try loosening them up a little but keep the rest of your timings consistent.

Max Async is set to 7 or 8 Nano Seconds, Read Preamble is set to 6 Nano Seconds.

My other timings are 3-4-4-10, tRC is set to 16, tREF 1552, and idle cycle limit is 64.

Here's a better question... what shiny special kinda OCZ you got that can handle 64 idle clocks? All 5 sets I've ever had of OCZ couldn't do below 128. heh.

Really? The guide I read said 64 was on the high side if anything. I've got OCZ Titanium (apparently not Platinum as I'd thought), and they apparently use BH-5 chips. The only indicator of what RAM I have though is the part number, OCZ4001024ELTE. I could've sworn I'd bought a Platinum DIMM but according to the part number, I didn't.

Here's a better question... what shiny special kinda OCZ you got that can handle 64 idle clocks? All 5 sets I've ever had of OCZ couldn't do below 128. heh.

Mine won't either and never has. But my G-Skill 4800's do, in fact i've been trying for the last week or so to tighten all my timings up. So it's looking good.