The AMD 3GHz Club

I guess you haven't found the right woman yet. I have the same problem so my desktop is set up similar. The best part is they never say anything that causes me to throw them and their . out on the sidewalk..

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mean to hijack a thread here, but, I've posted 5 threads in two days, don't feel like making it six.

Anyone seen ANY reviews on 8800GTSs in SLI? I'm really curious because I'm seriously considering switching to 2 8800GTSs and getting rid of my 8800GTX. That three monitor setup not working really ticked me off, and I know damn well I can't get a second GTX cuz 1: I dunno if my PSU would be able to handle it or not, 2: I don't want to pay that much for ANOTHER video card and 3: I honestly don't know if I could squeeze ANOTHER one in there if I ever intend to take them out again LOL

So anyways, anyone? I can't find any ::Resorts to using Google::

ADDED BY EDIT:

Found one: http://it-review.net/index.php?option=com_...d=729&Itemid=91

Not bad Single VS. SLI results considering. Course, that's with a Conroe, but that still tells me I can expect at least a 2:3 increase or so in Frame Rate, even in Oblivion (FINALLY) with SLI. I'll haveta seriously think about it.

ADDED IN BY EDIT LATER THAT EVENING:

Hey guys, just decided to go for 3Gs for the hell of it since I'm getting my new Opty on 185 from that guy finally as a gift on Wednesday. I'm at 1.718Vs right now so I doubt Prime would pass, but I am having a fun problem with CPUz. It's outputting the CPU voltage as 1.35Vs... WTF? Everest and ITE are reporting correctly.

Look:

3dmark0610436boj8.th.jpg

Also broke 130K in AM3, which I think is sorta low for the jump from 2.92 to 3 (I know the jump from 2.84 to 2.92 was a bigger boost in numbers).

Bah, failed three minutes in to Prime. Ah well. ::Reboots back to 2.92::

If an 8800GTX doesn't do what you want it to do I seriously doubt a pair of GTS will make you happy. I see on average a 20% increase in frames in that review. That was with a C2D so you can figure on being CPU limited and getting around 15%.

You could always pass on this months upgrades and put it away for a car while you wait at least another year for AMD to come out with a CPU that will compete with the Intel offerings.

Ok ....

now you got me confused on the whole desktop thing...not sure if I really want to venture there or not...I'll just leave it to my imagination...;)

As for the Question on CPU-Z....I have seen that program do weird things when ram timings arent 100%...As I a sure you know this....;)

Don't mean to hijack a thread here, but, I've posted 5 threads in two days, don't feel like making it six.

Anyone seen ANY reviews on 8800GTSs in SLI? I'm really curious because I'm seriously considering switching to 2 8800GTSs and getting rid of my 8800GTX. That three monitor setup not working really ticked me off, and I know damn well I can't get a second GTX cuz 1: I dunno if my PSU would be able to handle it or not, 2: I don't want to pay that much for ANOTHER video card and 3: I honestly don't know if I could squeeze ANOTHER one in there if I ever intend to take them out again LOL

So anyways, anyone? I can't find any ::Resorts to using Google::

ADDED BY EDIT:

Found one: http://it-review.net/index.php?option=com_...d=729&Itemid=91

Not bad Single VS. SLI results considering. Course, that's with a Conroe, but that still tells me I can expect at least a 2:3 increase or so in Frame Rate, even in Oblivion (FINALLY) with SLI. I'll haveta seriously think about it.

ADDED IN BY EDIT LATER THAT EVENING:

Hey guys, just decided to go for 3Gs for the hell of it since I'm getting my new Opty on 185 from that guy finally as a gift on Wednesday. I'm at 1.718Vs right now so I doubt Prime would pass, but I am having a fun problem with CPUz. It's outputting the CPU voltage as 1.35Vs... WTF? Everest and ITE are reporting correctly.

Look:

3dmark0610436boj8.th.jpg

Also broke 130K in AM3, which I think is sorta low for the jump from 2.92 to 3 (I know the jump from 2.84 to 2.92 was a bigger boost in numbers).

Bah, failed three minutes in to Prime. Ah well. ::Reboots back to 2.92::

If an 8800GTX doesn't do what you want it to do I seriously doubt a pair of GTS will make you happy. I see on average a 20% increase in frames in that review. That was with a C2D so you can figure on being CPU limited and getting around 15%.

You could always pass on this months upgrades and put it away for a car while you wait at least another year for AMD to come out with a CPU that will compete with the Intel offerings.

It has nothing to do with performance actually ;) I want it so I can run a third monitor, and I can't with the secondary card I have now because when I installed the 6600GT and rebooted, it bluescreen to high heaven, but a RESTORE to BEFORE I installed it fixed the problem, that tells me an 8800 series and anything before that can't work together nicely, hence why I'm thinking of getting 2 8 series, but I sure as hell don't want to stick a second 8800GTX in here with how expensive they are, and how much it would have problems with this setup not being 'Powerful enough'.

Ok ....

now you got me confused on the whole desktop thing...not sure if I really want to venture there or not...I'll just leave it to my imagination...;)

As for the Question on CPU-Z....I have seen that program do weird things when ram timings arent 100%...As I a sure you know this....;)

You shouldn't be confused at all ;) read the Desktops thread.

There's only one man I can think of that I'd use the word "love" with, the rest of the people I use it towards are women, particularly those three ;) If you can't decipher what you're thinking, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, is true, then, I'll leave it at that.