The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest laydback

Your right actually, I just tried to recreate the scenario. The most it fluctuated was .9 , never as high as in the screenshot. I have no clue. I'll redo it but I wanna know how or why that happend.

Guest laydback
Usually for me it starts off a little lower than the actual clock and then bounces up to where it should be. They shouldn't be bouncing 25 though, first time I have seen that.

The HTT bounced 2 mhz. Very strange.

CPUz often does the same thing to me, most of my stuff displays 2925 and CPUz displays 2928 or more if it spikes for no reason.

On a funner note :-D Got pictures of my machine from a person that had a camera phone that came over and took pictures. Check it out ;):

allix9.th.jpg

A note: I usually keep it darker than a bat cave in here, I had to uncover my window to get that much light in LOL

Was only a 640x480 camera but still, gives you a picture of my system ;) And to the direction he was standing on most of them (directly sideways from it) there's a bigass High Velocity Blower blowing in to the case ;) all the intake it needs as both the CPU radiator fans on the back and the fan on the front that doesn't glow are blowing OUT ;)

I was trying to get it to happen on both my systems but it was the usual little variance we all see. I wonder if something else is conflicting with it. Had orthos running and opened 4xcpuz but none of them did that. Didn't have everest open with them though.:confused: Weird now you got me wondering whats causing it.

Sweet looking forward to seeing it up there. I think watercooling is the only way my new 165 is gonna make it in the club. Think my xp-90 has reached its limits.

Actually there are many Opteron 165s on air cooling on the honors board. There's even a Venus on stock cooling. Mostly it's SI-120s and Big Typhoons I think.

I really think it is something to do with the ihs or the heatsink but can't say for sure. Already tried it with another cooler, board and ram with just about the same performance. I really don't know when to quit anyway so it is going to get pushed as far as I can take it.

It's weird what is happening with your second cpu-z laydback, the one showing the ram works out fine (ie. the ram is where it should be).

Did you open cpu-z before, during, or after Orthos was doing it's thing?

(Updated none-the-less, I've seen more than enough of your good work to doubt your posts!)

Cliff, I reckon we make you adjudicator for all OCDB entries, you spot a flaw a mile away!! (Granted, I'm usually skim reading heh) :D:D ;)

Guest laydback
It's weird what is happening with your second cpu-z laydback, the one showing the ram works out fine (ie. the ram is where it should be).

Did you open cpu-z before, during, or after Orthos was doing it's thing?

(Updated none-the-less, I've seen more than enough of your good work to doubt your posts!)

Cliff, I reckon we make you adjudicator for all OCDB entries, you spot a flaw a mile away!! (Granted, I'm usually skim reading heh) :D:D ;)

I always open CPU-Z last.