The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheFlowerKing are you getting a dual-core or you gonna waste money on a Conroe?

I had a 170 for at least 9 months, maxed out at 2.7GHz @ 1.6v, sold that and got the e6600 rig that's now my new bencher. But I got bored with clocking it in under a fortnight, just too easy to setup and then no real room for improvement.

Makes me miss the 170..

Damn, likewhoa, that is pretty awesome. It's winter here but it's still warm out, at least in my part of New York. Do you have all the windows open or something? Good job. :D

dunno it's about 55F outside here in brooklyn and I got a window fan blowing that cold air inside the room. but I think my temperature drops have to do with my RAD & Waterblock and the fact that I got a great mount on it, even though I did CRACK two corners, YES not just oen but two corners of the core but that's not a biggie for this crazy opty I have, she's from newjersey. they so polluted there they are radio active :D

I'm still pushing her hard and she is loving it, gotta love opterons.

dunno it's about 55F outside here in brooklyn and I got a window fan blowing that cold air inside the room. but I think my temperature drops have to do with my RAD & Waterblock and the fact that I got a great mount on it, even though I did CRACK two corners, YES not just oen but two corners of the core but that's not a biggie for this crazy opty I have, she's from newjersey. they so polluted there they are radio active :D

I'm still pushing her hard and she is loving it, gotta love opterons.

Ah, 55F. That's about what it is here too. I was going to say, it can't be that cold where you are because I live in Rochester. ;)

:eek: It would nearly be worth my while getting a cheap NY flight and indulge in a bit of cpu burglary at likewhoa's pad. Damn good clock likewhoa, well done :drool:.

I have a giant pitbull that would eat you!

img2320tv6.jpg

i just hope it doesn't eat my wires one day :eek2:

I had a 170 for at least 9 months, maxed out at 2.7GHz @ 1.6v, sold that and got the e6600 rig that's now my new bencher. But I got bored with clocking it in under a fortnight, just too easy to setup and then no real room for improvement.

Makes me miss the 170..

personally I am waiting for AM3 socket before my next upgrade, but by that time AMD will come out with a new more extreme socket but lets hope AM3 will give us all we need for atleast 1 year, heh