The AMD 3GHz Club

I've been toying around with idea of picking some up. But I'm slowly getting memory poor. Besides an assortment of run of the mill ram I've got several sets of 2GB HZ and EB modules and I just picked up some Redlines.

The Redlines are cool. Usta' be the same IC's as VX. Dunno about Hz's or Eb's but I expect I'll find out. In nf2 clocking I've tried VX and GX.(UTT-CH5,UTT-BH5)Best results were with TCCD.(UTT-BH5 is really bad in nf2)

Sidenote: Finally got another pair of my 4800plats to do 300fsb.(They needed looser timings than the other pair of sticks I have of the same stuff)

@CPDMF A fellow "Arizonian" good to see someone else here that knows sumptin' about heat.LOL (No offense intended to other peeps,Who live where it nice and cool)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hz's are UCCC chips. They clock pretty good with loose timings, 3-4-4-8. The EB's are basically the same as the Redlines although don't usually clock as high 3d stable. I may be picking up some more Redlines as early indications are these aren't going to be 3d stable as high as I was hoping.

In nf2 on the VX.(same IC's as the Redline) Most decent sticks would runout about 240fsb.

but some People have got lucky Got some that would go up to and past 250. The best I could get outta' them was 242. That was before I got an nf4. The best luck I had there was TCCD. Though the timings are alot looser. The extra Mhz's I got more than made up for it. HZ=Samsung then. I'd like to try some 1g sticks see if my games run any better. It's good now though really. If you do get some TCCD I sure hope ya' get some that run like my first and third stick of the stuff. Not like the ones I'm playin' with right now. LOL These need loose timings for 300mhz 1-1 (But they werk)

to bad im to lazy to do an OCDB entry :/ maybe sometime this week ill prime ~3100ish

Do it. That might be the push I need to see if mine has anything left.