Sign in to follow this  
Hawnted

One more PSU question

Ok Ive had 3 people suggest the Gamexstream PSU for the expert boards. However, it isnt modular. Is there a suggestion for a PSU for the expert board that is modular. Im going to be running 2 7900gtx's. Any suggestions would help

i need the same thing... i want to run the expert board and, for now, 1 7900GTX but sli in the near future...

Ya but I need them to work well with the Expert board and handle 2 7900 gtxs

Sorry, I completely missed the Expert part of the equation.

Ultra X units have never been recommended on this forum.

Good luck.

The Expert board was designed to use an EPS 12V compliant PSU. This means there should be an 8pin CPU power connector.

If you're going to add a couple of high current video cards you should look at the OCZ GameXtream 700. I've had excellent results with this unit.

The Expert board was designed to use an EPS 12V compliant PSU. This means there should be an 8pin CPU power connector.

If you're going to add a couple of high current video cards you should look at the OCZ GameXtream 700. I've had excellent results with this unit.

I agree.

Right now I don't know of a modular that would work that well with those video cards.

If your case can do it, you could try two PSU's - but you have to keen all rails loaded on both, even if you just use fans or case lights.

You might ask RGone on this.

EDIT: Ah ha - the answer! Go here!