P4 2.6 Specs.

road-runner

Ok guys I have bought everything to build a machine to try some overcloking since the Sony Vaio would not let me, I decided to leave it alone as is and not use the p4 2.4/533fsb. I bought a p42.6/800 I looked it up in the intel specs and it says notes 2,5,11,16 which said it was hyperthread, d1 corestepping, and mutiple VIDS it is made in costa rica SL6WH ,I also bought the asus p4c800 the X-superalien turbo with 6 fans and a 500 watt ps with 2 fans in it, hercules 70mm 36cfm 4000 rpm copper cooler, and a 512 stick of kingston 4000 ram a cheap video & sound card should I put it together and see what happens? I guess my main question is about the cpu if any one knows if it will overclock good or not, or should I take it back I have 14 days to return it? Any help or suggestions?

Newbie to overclocking

On the Sony I tryed that, this is a PCV-RZ22G with a Asus P4S533VL Asus does not list it, it is a oem board as far as I can find out, I tryed sonys web site the only bios is the one I have on it and it is locked there are no options to change anything and there are no jumpers except the cmos, I wish I could find a bios that would work and let me change the settings, so I will just use it for office work and a backup in case I burn up this other one.