-Weird X1900XTX problems- Please help before I shoot myself!

You only have EDIT: 34 amps on the 12v rail. When i look in ATiTool when my card is loaded, it takes upwards of 34 amps ALONE!!! S

Where in ATItool does it show this? I can't find it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you open ATiTool, in the main window beside the clocks, near the bottom, there should be 5 ....indented sections..with your GPU temp, Voltage Reg Temps, PCB Temps, Fan Speed %, and GPU Draw (not in that order). Mine is at 32.7A when fully loaded in a game.

EDIT: That PSU might be ok, but i dont see any Thermaltake PSU's on the recommended list, so you might want to check out THIS one. They havent been out that long, but apparently they are almost identical to the Fortrons which are good. And OCZ is always a good name :D

Ok its on order!! The OZC 600 insane gamer one. haa!

And are you talking about Atitool or Ati Tray tool. I can't find those settings in either. And as far as I know, Atitool .24 the latest version does not support the X1900XTX, Right? Overclocking is disabled..... Maybe you could let me know what version you use and even send a screen, that would be helpfull.

Thanks !

Thanks for the link Mack.

I figured out how to read my GPU draw..... thanks guys. Mine does not seem to get over 20amps right now. Thats playing Oblivion with everything turned on. I shall keep my eye on it though.

Thanks for the link Mack.

I figured out how to read my GPU draw..... thanks guys. Mine does not seem to get over 20amps right now. Thats playing Oblivion with everything turned on. I shall keep my eye on it though.

Is that all, my card draws 34A when scaning for artifacts whilst over clocked and 24A when not, dont know whats normal and whats not but there you go! ;)

It'll be interesting to see if there's a change in the draw when I get the new PSU. I wonder if it does not draw more at the moment because there just isn't any with this crap PSU!!

I dont know how these things work. But I'll compare notes with the new power supply and report back here....

I have used systool since i got my 1900xt because of the plethora of info it monitors. I can honestly say that i have never had it crash on me....well...the only times that it has crashed on me was when i tried to mess with ram timings and dividors within windows so i call that my fault, not the programs. It says that the latest version is build 661 on that site but i did an autoupdate yesterday and got build 662.