Microphones Will Not Work.

ǥpH

a few days ago i noticed that my microphone stopped working. One day it wa fine and the next it seemed to be broke. So today i went and bought a new headset. The headphones work great but the microphone wont respond. It must be disabled or something. I cant find out what the problem is. It isn't muted, the volume is turned up, and it is plugged into the correct outlet. I think my mom or sister had something to do with it but they dont know anything.

Please help me.

Try this: Control Panel ---> Sounds and Audio ... ---> voice ---> test hardware

See if its detected from there, also the end of the wire which is attached to the mic twiggle with that it might have been pulled or some thing (tends to happen to cheap mics ... like mine >.< )

Edited by ime

still nothing. I have tried useing 2 different mics. my old one was kinda cheap and my new headset is not cheap.

i'm also having joystick problems. i posted that at the "input devices" section of the forum.

my day sux. just spent over $100 on joysticks and a head set and they dont want to work.

EDIT: I just reset my comp(i havent done that in quite a while) and on the start up windows dected some errors or somethin. now my mic works.

I still cant get my joystick to work. check the "input devices" section of the forum.

Edited by ǥpH

Ok, so you have tryed your joystick and headsets in multiple systems? Do they work in all but one system? If so you make sure the settings are correct and the wires are connected properly as well as the wires to the motherboard. Did you download or install anything out of the ordinary prior to using your headset/joystick?

all i did with my joysticks was hook them together(not to the comp yet)and then i ran the install. The installation asked me to plug the stick into the comp at a certain point of the install(there is a big yellow tag on the plug that says to install software before plugging into the comp). then it just sits there. i let it wait for 10 min(says will take a few seconds) and then quit the install. Then i went to "my computer" and looked at what was on the disk. I installed the software and went to configure the stick. Says i must plug it in first(the stick was plugged in). Then i got pissed off and started posting on OCC.