Do You Plug Your Cpu Fan Into The MB

Question: If you are plugging the fan into the PSU, (via molex adaptor) is it better to plug it into a connector that is attached to somthing, or one that has nothing on it?

Also I have connectors that say 'fan only' (Antex TpII 480 W) but the have only 2 pins in them, are these better to power the fans with?

Thnx

It shouldn't matter where you plug it in, aslong as you don't have to many devices on one cable from your PSU (i.e. 3hdds and a high end graphics card on the one cable isn't the best idea ;)).

The Antec 'fan only' connectors vary the speed of the fans you plug in to them. When the case gets hotter, the fans speed up. Though i've found it just runs them very slow all the time if your case has good airflow.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey TMM tnanks for the response :)

It runs them slower? What does it base its 'heat readings' on? I thought only the mobo had heat sensors.

Cheers

Not saying it's not possible, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem, blowing out a fan header on the DFI nF4 boards. I've been using an 80mm CoolerMaster fan on my stock AMD cooler, a 120mm fan hooked up to the PWMIC header, a VC-RE on my Chipset header and an additional 80mm fan over my PWMIC in header 4. It's been over 6 months like that and no problems, I use Smartguardian to adjust the fans indiviually.

• 2 weeks later...