Do You Plug Your Cpu Fan Into The MB

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: If you are plugging the fan into the PSU, (via molex adaptor) is it better to plug it into a connector that is attached to somthing, or one that has nothing on it?

Also I have connectors that say 'fan only' (Antex TpII 480 W) but the have only 2 pins in them, are these better to power the fans with?

Thnx

I don't since the DAGF has no auto fan control stuff(say, when CPU goes above 50c make fan go faster), so I connect all my fans to my fan controller which is connected to a 4 pin molex connector straight out of my PSU. :) I have about seven fans in all connected to the fan controller. The exhaust fan I connected to my PSU, the case exhaust fan, the case intake fan, the chipset fan, the CPU fan, the fan blowing on the CPU heatsink's heatpipes and the motherboard, and the gfx card fan.

It's a sunbeam fan controller, it stays cool with all these fans running at full 12v, and runs them all at full speed when I ask it to. It's under $10 so I highly recommend it. :)

I ues a Sunbeam fan controller for my case fans and a Akasa all in one unit for my CPU and Videocard, but run the sensor wire from both to the mobo inorder to read fan speed in mbm5. VC-RE plugged into mobo.

I have my cpu fan and my chipset fan connected to my mobo, the others are connected (via pass thru adapter) @ seven volts to a common molex.

Its just i didnt finished my fan controller...so i have em like that :P

used to plug in all my fans onto mobo..

this "fan controller" things seems like interesting..

gonna have one sooner or later...

It's a lot easier than trying to find molex's or chance blowing fan headers. You're going to love it. :nod: