To Watercool or not to Watercool?

frosty15

I could live with 2800MHz :)
ok to make thing simple K. theres a lot to be said about braging rights. go look for your self. there ant ONE post in the 754 data base that beats mine EXCEPT the 4000+ you know why? Because it cant be done. if i could take my 2600 witch is no different then yours to 3000+ excepy muiltyplyer to 3 gig YOU think id be hanging at 2760 haha witch by the way IS braging rights that no one said could happen ;) think about it if the 3000+ could do 2800 2900 even 3.0 they would be beating each other up in the data base DONT let people blow smoke up your butt and get let down. it to much work . In less your like 98% of the people here that steal settings and dont learn nutton and come back to talk .. ( man that ram ant . and dont work on DFI boards BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT )But you been here long enuff that you know the street dont do nutton but 8 prime stable and if you cant do that. take your . to the sites that brag i can pass memtest for 20 hours

the money spent on water is wasted as far as how high you can clock your cpu.

This mobile 4000+ will do:

11 x 270 (2970MHz) @ 1.60v @ 46*C - Air cooled (Scythe Ninja + Delta TFB1212GHE - 220CFM @ 65dBA!).

13 x 264 (3432MHz) @ 1.65v @ 31*C - H20 cooled (see below).

Water = +462MHz (15.5%) over pretty much the best Air cooled HS+F possible.

Water also silenced my system, added 22/48MHz to my GPU speeds, and dropped GPU Temperature 12/18 degrees at load/idle.

Overall system temp is now +2 over ambient in most circumstances, vs +8.

Peace

This mobile 4000+ will do:

11 x 270 (2970MHz) @ 1.60v @ 46*C - Air cooled (Scythe Ninja + Delta TFB1212GHE - 220CFM @ 65dBA!).

13 x 264 (3432MHz) @ 1.65v @ 31*C - H20 cooled (see below).

Water = +462MHz (15.5%) over pretty much the best Air cooled HS+F possible.

Water also silenced my system, added 22/48MHz to my GPU speeds, and dropped GPU Temperature 12/18 degrees at load/idle.

Overall system temp is now +2 over ambient in most circumstances, vs +8.

Peace

hay thats way kool put it in the data dase. but has nothing to do with the posters Athlon E6 Venice 3000+ does it ? and see there again ya just got to watch what ya wont to belive half the time they just read the last post

Basically my question is this.:

Currently I'm rock solid stable @ 250x10 with memory @ 1:1' date=' but my temps are @ 50°C (load). :sad: .

Current cooler is an FX stock cooler with heatpipes and it just doesn't cut the mustard when overclocking.

Should I buy a top of the range air cooler eg TT Big Typhoon or Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, or would a mid-range XSPC watercooling rig get me an extra 100-200MHz or more?

QUOTE']

dude i was running 338x8 At 1.8v on stock cooler @ 50c theres more going on here then temps. k.. ok yeah I wont to run 1:1 kool im confuesd couse i got friends that im finding behind the seen that sayes hay cpu ant the king. and long time ago when i didnt have them friends I also found there was a big bifferents in tight timmings But that was before i got my braging rights. I seen there was a big differents in time it took to load apps between lose timmings and real tight timmings. and i said so but like allways i never get much of a come back when i open a post and ask somthing ( really I dont know if it was because i was useing stuff they had not used because they all moven to 939 stuff OR if it was they just didnt like me ) but your pc at 2500 with 1:1 setting next to mine at 2760 @166 probly in the real world is about the same. but water ant gonna help you. running your memory at 1:1 is whats holding you back. giving more vcore to your cpu trying to think thats whats holding you back and having high temps. ant the case here you got a heat pipe cooler you need to find out why your running so high of temps