Review: 600w OCZ GameXStream (7/21/2006, merged)

UncleDavid218

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I just want to recommend the new OCZ gameXstream PSUs... I have a 600W one and it is awesome!!! my old Antec neopower 480W PSU wasnt working right. It gave me delayed start ups and it exhausted alot of hot air and made the case get pretty warm and also gave me delays in my CD-ROM drive. I bought this new OCZ gameXstream PSU it is just awesome. There are no hot air being exhausted and its not even hot its actually cool, it makes my whole case cooler by alot and nothing is delayed. Just get this one if you need a new PSU you wont regret it!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Iv'e also noticed how much cooler the exhaust is compared to the Powerstream 520 I was using.

I Noticed the same (had an antec 480), i guess the much lower precent of load really does make a difference

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I own the 700W version of this OCZ PSU and I don't know what quiet means to you guys or maybe I just have a faulty unit but mine is far from quiet...

it's the loudest thing in my case and it's actually annoying me a bit by now.

My case is the Antec p180 and I replaced the stock cooler on my Ultra-D with the evercool cooler and when I have everything outside the case but also when everything's inside the case, this PSU is noisy, sorry.

Do you think there's any way of making the unit quiter?