Review: 600w OCZ GameXStream (7/21/2006, merged)

UncleDavid218

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... so Core 2 Duo

you mean Conroe...(it's ok...you can just say Conroe since they will be dual core...you don't have to call them by the laptop name anymore...Intel won't be mad...and I wasn't being sarcastic I had no idea what C2D meant since I don't own a laptop and only know the Intel cpu by it's Conre name)

Oh I see, I thought you were talking about some less famous cousin to R2D2. :)

rofl.

the air flow is really good, ill "third" that... and the long cables will help you manage everything nicely....

i just wish they would have done the sata with more logic, i mean, its long till the first sata, but from each sata to sata they put wayy to much length, it makes the cables clutter

I hate trying to prove people wrong but to my knowledge the laptop version is Core Duo, the desktop version is Core 2 Duo.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1976397,00.asp

"We got the chance to head down to Santa Clara and test the desktop chip, known as Core 2 Duo..."

No disrespect by any means...

none taken

i only know it by Conroe which is what the Intel reps are calling it

I've never heard a single one of them refer to it as "C2D" or "Core 2 Duo"

I see Conroe and I think Texas!

There will be multiple models of the CORE 2 DUO E6600 DC LGA775 besides the E6600 DC so maybe CORE 2 DUO isn't the right name for it either.

For a while people should use the code name and the retail name until everyone is familiar with the CORE 2 DUO E6600 DC LGA775 aka Conroe.

It's listed on retail sites for pre-order as the Core 2 Duo

example: http://search.ncix.com/displayproductdetai...ER%20PROCESSORS

Hey all,

I'm slowly putting together a new rig (see below). I'm about to purchase a PSU, and I'm considering the GameXStream series, but am wondering if it's a good match for my case, the Antec P180. Thinking that I could rely on the PSU to draw air through the lower PSU/HDD chamber, I've removed the fan that comes stock down there.

But it looks like GameXStreams' fans are mounted on the top, not on the rear. So I'm wondering if anyone else has a rig similar to mine, and if so, have you had any issues with temps in the lower chamber? Is the air draw from the PSU sufficient, or did you augment with more air movers?

Best guesses from non-P180 owners are more than welcome, and thanks for your time.

I have the Antec P180 and the Epsilon 600 (same as the OCZ unit) and this PSU is a great match with this case. The long cables are great for reaching from the lower PSU section to where you need them with enough left over to route them in out-of-the-way places. I still have my lower fan in, but it is on the lowest setting and I am sure that you could mount the OCZ without ever being concerned about not having the extra fan sitting in front of it.

With the lower fan in, I never even notice my PSU ramp up the RPM, even under full load and there is definitely not a temp problem. This PSU will allow you to keep your fan in (due to the small footprint) so why not just leave it in, especially if you have your HDs down there too (which I do). That central fan definitely helps cool the HDs and certainly does not hurt the PSU. If you are not using your HDs in the lower bay, then not having the fan in really won't matter.