Sign in to follow this  
Sorrento

HL2: Episode One

Guest caffeinejunkie
Hmm, maybe this Episode One will be followed by Episode Two... and maybe Three... and then HL3 will focus on beating the Combine on their planet, thus freeing those weird looking alien slaves; btw, what tha hell happened at first with the G Man???

Idk thats why im gonna play again

based on the trailer it would seem your going to fight with those who opposed the gman ( I believe you already worked with them with taming those bug things)

Maybe a force greater than the gman felt he was getting out of control

I noticed that this is the first hl game with no mysterious gman apperances so I think hes been taken or something

idk im way to gone to make sense of anything right now

Hmm, maybe this Episode One will be followed by Episode Two... and maybe Three... and then HL3 will focus on beating the Combine on their planet, thus freeing those weird looking alien slaves; btw, what tha hell happened at first with the G Man???

If your referring to the beginning part...

Possible spoiler before hopefully this color covers it....

I would assume the vortigons kept him away from you, so you can stay behind instead being zapped away by the GMan... note i didnt finish ep1 so this is my guess...

bleh didnt work out so well, but since its my guesss dont think it matter much...

Guest caffeinejunkie

I had one freeze up with a bad save and my rig is over 24hr prime stable so im thinking it was game faults

and there were a few weird glitches with some doors in my game

but still very graphically beautiful

So it's just one map? I'm sorry i haven't read much. bbl...

Hmm, not exactly... if you think "a map" is like one level... then NO, this is much more. First you start where you finished in HL2, then you get out and do more guerrilla fight against the combine... diferent locations, diferent enemies (head crab zombies everywhere again).

I think this is some kind of HL2, but shorter... like the name says its Episode One.

It's amazing how smooth this game runs.

The boys at Valve sure do know how to code a game...

yeah i agree. in HL2 my load times were almost a minute. E1 they are around 20-30 secs.

i heard somewhere that valve asked another company to code most of HL2 (sierra, i think). may be wrong but i think that is what it said.

The forms of hdr rendering used in the source engine and oblivion are different. That is why hl2 can have both fsaa and hdr enabled simultaniously on all cards.

Are you sure about this??? Thats great news, since I really think HDR looks great but FSAA are still needed above 1600 x 1200; for those SOB's that have Dell 24" or bigger screens :tooth:

Guest oRiOn

this is a sequel to hl2, taking you further in the story, fun stuff :)

-Will

I always pace myself in a new game (nice and slow) so i can take it all in. Man this game looks great, Too look up and see that tore up building with burning junk falling off of it =). Dog is so cool, I wish they would make an Episode where you play the dog, like they did with barney!

Guest caffeinejunkie

Playing as dog would be sweet

playing as alex would be cool too because she has like alot of hand to hand combat moves

it would be sweet if like e2 and e3 introduced stuff like that

then maybe hl3 would be this huge game where you have to do all the parts of the games with all the players

im sure that wont happen but it would be sweet