memtest error

is there a way to run JUST the tests #5 and #8 and loop them to however many?

first time using memtest.

it's memtest86+ 1.65

you can only loop one test at a time, but you can do it infinitely

let memtest start, then punch these in to get through the menus and begin the test loop:

c

_ (test # you want, either 5 or 8)

that will become like a reflex after a while, lol. 5 takes about 1.5 minutes to run...you'd be surprised how quickly you can hit 500+ runs. 8 takes a lot longer, so 20-30 passes is plenty.

if you are just blowing through preliminary testing trying to figure out approximately how high your sticks will go, i like this method:

3 runs test #5

1 run test #8

raise 5mhz

repeat until you get instability

this is best method for finding highest RAM clocks, imho

to test how tight you can get timings at any RAM speed, use HCI memtest in Windows. boot at known stable timings for that RAM speed, open A64 Tweaker v0.60b, tighten one timing, open and run two instances of HCI memtest. Let them go ~100% coverage before stopping them and tightening another timing. keep it up after a few hours you'll have some nice, screwy timings like in my sig :tooth:

is there a way to run JUST the tests #5 and #8 and loop them to however many?

first time using memtest.

yep, but as far as I know, you'll have to run them independently (ie run test5 then switch to test8) I''m doing this from recall, so please don't flame if I forgot a step

c (i think) for options

1 for test menu

3 for select test

5 for test 5 -or- 8 for test 8

0 to escape

c to continue

I've got that same memory and loved it until I started to OC it - maxes out somewhere around 240. Some people claim that they have had good results in undervolting this memory. I can't find the thread now, but it's somewhere on bleedinedge.com.

I agree with msmolt and think they might need some burn in time, but if you can't get them running at 2-3-2-5 at stock settings, I would RMA them.

thanks for all the replies guys. i've run test 5 and 8 at least 20 runs each and they passed with flying colors. i do get the posted 2-3-2-5 but as i OC later i'm sure those will get looser. time to move on to the next step!