memtest error

I just put together my new rig (w/o hdd, still waiting for delivery). i use the initial build thread. everything boot up to bios fine. flashed bios to 704-2bta using tmod's bios cd. cleared cmos then ran memtest on 1 stick. no error.

added 2nd stick. cleared cmos for a short time ran memtest w/ dual channel over night. when i checked this morning it was at 6+ hours and had ONE error.

i'm kind of lost as to what to do now. i'll probably run 2nd stick by itself later today after work. besides that are there any troubleshooting i can do to get no errors w/ 2 dimms?

Your running your system at default (STOCK) settings right? What adjustments have you done for your memory timings and voltages? How about your processor, did you manually put in the appropriete HTT(FSB), voltages? Which test did it fail on when you saw Memtest86 after 6hrs? I think the memory that you have is rated @230MHz or maybe even higher with loose timings at 2.8v let me know....

not to wory . I find that memory has to be in these boards for 8 hours before they become stable ( maybe thats why every one says to run memtest for 8 hour?) what test was the error in ?

o man so many questions and i can't answer any as i am at work right now hahaha.

yes i ran these at optimized settings i didn't change anything except i set the memory voltages at 2.8 from 2.6. i think the timings was 2.5-3-3-8. i don't remember which test it was in. i closed it so i guess i'll have to run it again.

honestly seeing how so many pple have trouble even posting with dual channel i feel pretty blessed so far. but i'll update w/ answers to those specific questions as soon as i'm able to.

o yea the proc settings were untouched btw. so stock voltage at 1.35(i think?) and htt 200 or watever the default is.

I always wanted to ask if we can link other forums here, obviously we can't right? I really need to read the rules, but i hate reading. I know Happy_Games doesn't really mind that much do you fuzzy buzzy had a bear?

****UPDATE****

ok i found some info on ocz forum and used the following settings

In Genie Bios

auto

16 16

auto

disable

1.425v

1.300V

above VID 110%

1.20v

1.50v

2.7V

DRAM Config

enable

auto (704-2BT bios does not have this setting)

enabled

auto

Level 8 (normal 4 in 704-2BT bios)

Level 2

8ns

normal

6ns

disable

disable

i re-run memtest86+ with dual channel on orange slots. right before i had to go back to work (lunch time) i saw an error on test6! at about 50 mins into the test.

the rams are running at 2-3-2-8 @ 2.7v.

maybe like msmolt said i should give it several hours to break em in and retest.