Sign in to follow this  
aerospyke

G.skill won't boot with 2 sticks.

Hey guys, I finally upgraded to 2GB RAM, BUT i can't get my system to boot.

I have flashed to all 3 BIOS' available to me at DFI website. Using optimised settings in BIOS i cannot even get it to post. BUT if i only have 1 stick in there, it does post.

I have used memtest to check the timings etc when i can post with 1 stick and they are correct.

RAM is G.Skill 2GBHZ PC4000.

2.7V

NOOOOOOOOO *curses n swears* they only just arrived this afternoon ....... *head twitches* .... whats the RMA like?

i just booted to windows with the one module that works ... and it says on CPUz that the SPD settings for 250 is 2-5-5-10 ..... wtf is that about? do you tihnk they dow ith but settings 3-4-4-8 is too tight coz these modules are stupid?

WOOHOOOO well i decided to try things out anyway, tride the complete CMOS clearprocess, and i got in using the module that i thought was a dud !!!! then put in date/time and loaded optimal esttings... then wouldn't boot :sad:

so i thought well i'll do it again, i got in once, i'll do it again, this time with both modules .... well low and behold it worked. this time i set date/time and then reoboted, then got in to BIOS THEN loaded optimal settings and rebooted .... *fingers crossed* SUCCESS !!! so now i'm in the process of tweaking etc etc ....

one weird thing happening though is that i wanted to try it at DDR250, divider 5/4 with CPU at 200 (for now) ... and memtest said it was running at something like 364MHz.

WOOHOOOO well i decided to try things out anyway, tride the complete CMOS clearprocess, and i got in using the module that i thought was a dud !!!! then put in date/time and loaded optimal esttings... then wouldn't boot :sad:

so i thouhght . it i'll do it again, i got in once, i'll do it again, this time with both modules .... well low and behold it worked. this time i set date/time and then reoboted, then got in to BIOS THEN loaded optimal settings and rebooted .... *fingers crossed* SUCCESS !!! so now i'm in the process of tweaking etc etc ....

one weird thing happening though is that i wanted to try it at DDR250, divider 5/4 with CPU at 200 (for now) ... and memtest said it was running at something like 364MHz.

Glad to hear it, but do you think you could refrain from using the F word and any other lanuage in these forums? I hope so! !

hey guys, well after 4 hrs of memtest i've set down my book at 264 1:1 3-4-4-8 1T, which is great considering my old ram was erroring out at 200 3-4-4-7 2T with dividers. i'm very happy. still learning about OC'ing RAM though. thanks for that link Tasr