Sign in to follow this  
zarathrustra

7900GT no problems at all !

With all these poor folk having trouble with the 7900's, almost giving them a bad name, I thought I'd post this on a more positive note.

Flying at 695/1900 with 1.55v core, and 2.10v mem, under a Zalman VF900-cu... I love this card :nod:

054jg.jpg

yes please post a good link for the vmem :) vcore is allover the place, but posting the one that actualy work from a real person would help :)

im also a proud owner of an almost-perfect 7900GT. eVGA CO Superclock. no volt mod (yet), all is good. except for the noisy sound.......

Not a bad score for a single core processor. Not bad at all. I score about the same with the vgpu mod but no vmem mod. (650/1680/2.85GHz) My dual core saves me here.

Not a bad score for a single core processor. Not bad at all. I score about the same with the vgpu mod but no vmem mod. (650/1680/2.85GHz) My dual core saves me here.

Correct me if im wrong but 3D/05 dont support dual core so I would say any score you got is down to your card M8, might help or save you in 3D/06 ;)

With all these poor folk having trouble with the 7900's, almost giving them a bad name, I thought I'd post this on a more positive note.

Flying at 695/1900 with 1.55v core, and 2.10v mem, under a Zalman VF900-cu... I love this card :nod:

054jg.jpg

Just out of curiousity, how long have you had the card? Mine lasted over a week (SLI) before both cards were toast. Good score though.

Just out of curiousity, how long have you had the card? Mine lasted over a week (SLI) before both cards were toast. Good score though.

It must have been two or three months now. I got it pretty much when they were released, not long after anyways.

Nice single card score. :nod:

I too have 2x good cards with no problems. But I have started running them at stock speeds due to all the bad reports. It still plays Oblivion awesomely. I have been running both of mine for almost a month, and had the first card 2 weeks before getting the second. Mine are BFGs though and they didn't OC as much as other vendors.

All my Danger Den stuff just arrived, along with a Maze4 block for the card. It'll be interesting to see how the lower w/c temps effect the clock stability.

Okay the Vmem mod looks easy and some say they never even tried measuring it, LOL! Now the Vgpu mod seems kind of confusing, what is the black cross at the bottom left hand corner, meaning? Do not attempt this one but do the one at the top? I don't know about you guys but everytime i get my hands on a Conductor Pen i "F" up the PCB or motherboard. What can i say, i shake!