sli-dr and ultra-d

do sli-dr and ultra-d mobos use the same bios? i just received my mobo and they shipped the sli-dr instead of the ultra-d (goin to keep the sli-dr of course). anyways i was wondering if they used the same bios. i have the tmod's bios cd. the screen shot seems to show either the expert or the regular nf4 lanparty(ultra-d).

Guest caffeinejunkie

I would imagine so

The only physical difference between the sli-dr and the ultra-d is the extra controller for the second set of sata ports (and the pins on the chipset not being crossed)

but I would stick to it's bios just to stay safe

Guest caffeinejunkie

If you got a circuit writer then whats the difference lol

well the extra sata but there arent too many people who need more than 4 ports

I'm the kinda guy that buys hard disks often.. i could easily use more than 4 ports. Too bad I didn't think of this when I ordered my Ultra-D. No matter, I will probably sell this system off and start from scratch very soon. I want crossfire.

Guest caffeinejunkie

I guess im thinking of the average user but probably no one on this site is close to the "average user" im just thinking that with perpendicular recording soon there will be no need for alot of hardrives

I cant wait for the 1terabyte drives to come by that means a some what cheap 500gb for me

Guest caffeinejunkie

Lol like 80bucks

un-employed at the moment due to school so the cheaper the better

but with summer comes construction work so ill be able to afford all the goodies like that