Temps?

I recently got a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D (non-SLI) and an Opteron 165. I am using an Arctic Freezer 64 PRO. I installed Smartguardian off of the DFI driver disk, and whilst engaging in moderate tasks (desktop work... ~50% cpu load), Smartguardian reports a CPU temp of around 36 to 38 degrees. I have the CPU fan set to blow at full speed all of the time.

Is this abnormal?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well ask my question here too :D

I have the same board and processor. In the BIOS PC-Health section, I'm seeing readings anywhere from 43-55C.

Is THIS abnormal? I have the retail heatsink/TIM, the chipset fan, an 80m front fan, and a 120mm back fan blowing. The air seems to be moving around just fine in the case..

Idle temperatures ought to be between 30 and 35 degrees normally.

Load temperatures ought to be below 50 degrees.

xynder: those temperatures are great. What do you rise to when you use Prime 95?

BradyS82: Your temperatures are very high. Are you sure you applied thermal paste and mounted the heatsink properly?cooler before attempting any overclock.

If you are not overclocking, and are going maybe 5 degrees above these limits, there will be no problem.

Start raising the vcore however will become dangerous at those sorts of temperatures, and of course raising the vcore will cause temperatures to rise further still.

Xynder and BradyS82

welcomeani.gif

To DFI-Street.

Xynder get your signature done! Rules If you are using AS5 how much did you put on? You only need the size of a grain of rice. AS5 also take about 200hr to cure. Which then you could see a drop of 3ºC – 5ºC. Your temps are not that far off. What are your ambient temps? Exactly how is your air cooling set up? How many other fans are you using?

BradyS82, what are your ambient temps? Think about AS5 and open your case. Is your case standing vertical?

Both of you;

Set in the BIOS, under PC Health Status the “NB Fan Fully On…” at 40ºC and the “CPU Fully On…” at 27ºC. This is a very good tread by soundx98;

NF4-NF3-NF2 MBM 5 Setting and Temps Too High?

Hope this helps you.

@Brady - i would defo think a HSF reseat and apllication of AS5 will help your temps.

@both - you have plenty of things in your systems that can raise temps so you might want to consider a small case mod or more powerful fans to get those airflows going. remember - more cool air in = lower component temps.

Well I just ran Prime 95 for 5 hours before coming back to this.... doh.

Didn't crash though!

I have a coolermaster case with a fan up front, one in the rear, one built on my vid card, and the retail fans and heatsink that came with the DFI board and my retail Opteron. When I first installed the computer, I thought I might have incorrectly set the heatsink (not because of temps). Upon removal, I checked out the TIM and it looked perfectly mushed, both on the heatsink and the processor.

1. What program should I use to check temps now, while in windows.

2. If it was a heatsink problem, why would my other temps also be hot?

Found the SmartGuardian tool on my DFI CD.

Idle:

CPU: 36

PWM IC: 48 (which one is this?)

Chipset: 49 ( I have a Sapphire Radeon 1800xt hanging over this... Although it only blocks the fan slightly, could this be it?)

Current Fan Speeds: 2722, 0, 7300 (am I missing a fan?! lol)

Current Voltage:

CPU: 1.32

LDT Bus: 1.18

ATX +5.0V: 5.16

DRAM: 2.62

ATX+12V: 12.16

NB+1.5V: 1.5

ATX +3.3: 3.28

VBAT+3.0: 3.08

Under Load (Prime 95 after a few minutes):

No changes really in voltage

CPU: 45

PWM IC: 55

Chipset: 50

Current Fan speeds: 2722, 0, 7337

Looking at your step-by-step new build...

1. Never cleared the CMOS for 10 minutes

2. Have the memory in the Yellow slots

Anyways, I am NOT overclocking and there is no significant change in temps when I remove the side of the case.