5/23/2006 BETA BIOS for CFX3200-DR

Not sure if its my imagination or what but it seems more stable at extreme overclocks

well...none of my 3200DR boards would overclock worth a crap until this beta bios was released...so its not just you lol

I have had trouble downloading large files. Don't know if its my computer or the IP. It still seems to be an issue with this BIOS. Basically, large downloads will just stop at some point and eventually IE says "an error has occured" but that takes awhile. Again, it might be the IP, who knows. Just though I'd mention it since I saw others with LAN issues.

try firefox...i've not used IE for a year other than certain websites...I just downloaded the 900MB Prey demo? (something that was 900MB lol) and it worked just fine on LAN1.

Not saying no one is having real problem, just saying try a different browser if you can.

I still get weird little issues here and there, but for the most part, the sig-rig has been stable without a problem since I finished it (I've gotten a couple of hard game lockups but nothing too annoying, mostly has to do with how hard I've clocked my X1900XT)

My system runs well wit this bios aside from one thing (and My brother-in-law has the exact same issue. When the computer is shut down, it can take a few reboots to get it up and running again. Bootup is now the only time the ULI5288 errors occur on our machines. (And they error out the second windows is able to log it. ) But once the system is up and running we're not getting any errors... sooo, it's better than having the system freeze up every 2 hours :)

Gor

My system runs well wit this bios aside from one thing (and My brother-in-law has the exact same issue. When the computer is shut down, it can take a few reboots to get it up and running again. Bootup is now the only time the ULI5288 errors occur on our machines. (And they error out the second windows is able to log it. ) But once the system is up and running we're not getting any errors... sooo, it's better than having the system freeze up every 2 hours :)

Gor

Yea, mine has the same problem. I was trying to find the MAX of my CPU w/ stock voltages...But, sometimes, when I went up to say, 301x9, it booted once. So I went back and upped the FSB some more, and then it wouldn't boot,so I went and cleared CMOS, put in the exact same values as when it booted at 301x9, but to no avail. I can't seem to get it to boot at that now. Not even with 1.5vcore..I don't get it.

Alot of the times, the pc wouldn't even restart after saving settings in BIOS. I would have to power off then power on with the switch, then it worked. Anyone else having this problems?

Well I'll do that..Is it disabled by default??

That's gotta be why then. I have read lots of things about this board, esp. OCZ Tony's thread over at bleedingedge.com

I'll try that when I get home, see if that helps...

• 2 weeks later...

well ive flashed to this bios and my system is still very stable but im still getting these 10 sec freezes bout every 2/3 hrs ...im running the bios with all the default settings i have tested overcloking with good results so the beta bios stablity is there for me.....