5/23/2006 BETA BIOS for CFX3200-DR

Date Code 2006/05/23

File R5D_043C.exe

Size 832,477 bytes

Description

DiamondFlash Image for BIOS.

Please Click Here if you are not familiar with the procedure of Diamond Flash Image!!

Major Reasons of Change:

1. Update ULI SATA Raid Rom from v1.1E to v1.20 .

2. Change CMOS location for enable ULI raid item will cause 'DRAM Data Drive Strength' item control fail.

ZIP FILE HERE

The BIOS and Drivers in this section are still under evaluation. Please be advised that warranty will be voided for any damages caused by these BIOS/Drivers on your system and DFI is not liable for such damages. If you are looking for the latest released BIOS/Drivers, please visit our DOWNLOAD site to obtain the latest BIOS/Drivers

I think there is a BUG with "HDD SMART Capability" enabled.

Enabling this option i get random freeze, and get m5288 error, and Disk error.

After disabling this option i don´t get anymore those errors :confused:

I think there is a BUG with "HDD SMART Capability" enabled.

Enabling this option i get random freeze, and get m5288 error, and Disk error.

After disabling this option i don´t get anymore those errors :confused:

I think you should read the forum rules and follow them before you make another post...

• 2 weeks later...

Does the 32 byte granularity set a non-standard setting that A64Info/A64Tweaker doesn't pick up when set to 4 burst or is there a bug where 4 burst option sets 8 burst? Anyone else seeing this? Also when in Windows, does anyone see better performance with 4 burst in A64Info or is it just my setup?

On the bright side, the m5288 disk errors disappeared inexplicably after about two weeks of running this BIOS. Haven't had any lockups since then :)

Does the 32 byte granularity set a non-standard setting that A64Info/A64Tweaker doesn't pick up when set to 4 burst or is there a bug where 4 burst option sets 8 burst? Anyone else seeing this? Also when in Windows, does anyone see better performance with 4 burst in A64Info or is it just my setup?

On the bright side, the m5288 disk errors disappeared inexplicably after about two weeks of running this BIOS. Haven't had any lockups since then :)

that's exactly what happened to mine, they lasted for a while and then dissappeared..

reporting two bugs here. lockups while LAN 1 is consistently active for a period of time (approx. 1 to 2 days b4 lockup). while LAN 1 is idle, no lockups (tested with 3-4 days).

when using LAN 2, can't restart the system. i'm observing the lockup situation now with this LAN adapter.

Well, I was fine with my computer as it was, but then one day the BIOS up and reset itself after a couple months of problem-free usage. Now using this Beta BIOS. Not sure if its my imagination or what but it seems more stable at extreme overclocks. It also seems that certain finicky behaviors that occured when overclocking are more predictable now making the board easier to work with.

Funny that some people mention LAN issues. I have had trouble downloading large files. Don't know if its my computer or the IP. It still seems to be an issue with this BIOS. Basically, large downloads will just stop at some point and eventually IE says "an error has occured" but that takes awhile. Again, it might be the IP, who knows. Just though I'd mention it since I saw others with LAN issues.