Sign in to follow this  
neonflx

64Bit worth it?

hello would i see any performance difference if i upgrade to XP64 over xp32, thanks

They perform almost identically. Personally I have had more stability in x64 than 32-bit, but there really is no difference. You can try out x64 for free though if you'd like, Microsoft has a 3 month download somewhere on their site.

Guest caffeinejunkie

When I first uxed x64 it gave me about a 1k increase in some sandra benches but that was about it

I stopped using it due to lack of drivers

But im sure thats all fine now

the ONLY reason i have stayes w/ 32 bit xp is drivers.......i have a legit copy of both xp pro and 64bit pro and am waiting on more drivers b4 i go to just 64 bit....

Im having great time with x64, the only problem I had was finding my digital camera drivers, but planetamd64 have a great support with the drivers. And I see a better performance and a lil push up on the benchmarks.

I've enjoyed my x64 as well. I've only been unable to run aquamark3 on it. The rest have all had drivers somewhere for what I need. I don't see the reason for the compaining about drivers unless you buy really crumby stuff that requires drivers and has crappy support.

hey guys ime thinking of moving over to X64 but i cant find the X64 drivers on the dfi.com website for my mobo, where can i find the drivers for it please???