Best Tubing Size for water cooling

54 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1/2 inch Tubing
    • 3/8 inch tubing
    • 1/4 inch tubing
    • OTHER please explain

for a loop like that you need good flow and a good pump. 1/2" is the only way to go. I also recommend against the nv78's because they are flow killers. a gpu block and some ram sinks are all that are needed.

Have you ever actually seen a NV78? By that I mean picked one up and looked at it. They're no more restrictive than any other block in their category. All it is an intake, a track, a non-aggressive impingment structure situated in an expanded channel then another track that leads to an exhaust port. I've got TWO of them and my loop rates 1.5GPM.

OP: From what I've read there's no easy answer to what size tubing one should use, within reason. Cathar says that we're (meaning American's) too fixated on 1/2 inch. Seeing some of the 3/8 inch euro FRU's, it's SEEMS pretty obvious that as long as your blocks are designed for 3/8 you'll do just fine. So I guess the reasoning would be that it depends. :D Personally I prefer 1/2.

tubing size really shouldn't matter as long as the rest of the system is designed around it.

but i personally wouldn't use anything smaller than 3/8"

Well said.

I think 1/2" is good but the water flow speed is faster on a 3/8"... however water flow is overkill at both diameters.