Sign in to follow this  
Filth

Do I need to Be experienced?

Im planning to get the sli-dr mobo. Im planning on getting into advanced overclocking (as in learning) but im not sure if this is the motherboard to start at. I know the basics of overclocking but i have a few questions.

1. Am i gonna go through hell installing this motherboard?

2. Is the nf4 expert better and how?

I just dont want to recieve this mobo and not know what to do when installing my new system , as in having to go into the bios and changing one little option.

Very sharp learning curve with these boards. If you do your homework on components and follow the stickys on forum(build &O/C guide) many have had great success with these boards. For a first DFI mobo I would say stay with the non-expert board.

The expert would most likely be more difficult to use, with the SLI-DR and the Ultra-D being better for dfi beginners.

EDIT: And btw, Welcome to DFI-Street!!!! :D

Hi and welcome to the club. I just got my first DFI board a few weeks ago(Expert) and love it. I have used Abit, Asus, Soyo and MSI and none have worked as well or gone together as painlessly as this one. Good luck with your build.

Guest caffeinejunkie

You can get some serious results with the expert but It can be a pain

It's a very picky board it needs alot of clean power and it needs good ram or it's gonna chew you out to no end

but the ultra-d is no slouch just look at my rig and it's got more in it

and for the price of a circuit writer you can mod it to SLi which I did today and it was very easy

The DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D was my first homebuild project and has worked out wonderfully. My few issues were due to oversights on my part and a problem with ATI catalyst 6.4 (went back to 6.3).

The street will help you, and you wont be sorry!!

Guest GripS

I too was a little leary of building a system using a DFI motherboard. After all was said and done, and after researching this forum first, i was stressed about nothing. Followed the guides(READ the stickies!!) and everything went fine.

I always over clocked a little with my other non-dfi boards but nothing serious. I was totally afraid to buy the Expert and read a lot on this sight and others before buying. In my opinion there is no better oc sight in general and certainly if you are considering DFI.

It was also helpful to me to read some "basic" 64oc info like this http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=gethowto&howtoID=58

The organization of this DFI-street site is excellent and the info very specific.

Do not expect to ask some general question and get specific answers here. It will not happen. The Gods will ingnore you and let no accounts like me answer you. If you however have searched this sight, read the guides, and your question shows it, the Gods will speak.

Actually they are very helpful, but they do expect you to have done your homework.

My Expert set up without a hitch (no big one at least) and runs flawlessly.

I am going to do another with dual core and may not get the Expert only because some say it is "touchier" than the others. People are getting just as good oc with the other DFI boards. Because I had zero problems setting up my first one, I will probably end up doing expert again.

Just make sure you get the right psu and ram. All of that info is found on this board. For ram OCZ techs. acually post to this site and give very specific support.

I love my DFI board.

Good luck

i must say first and for most.....im drunk......i have never owned a dfi product b4 buying 3 of the lp ut nf4 sli dr for my and my brothers for x-mas....the main reason i bought them is because i got a good combo deal on them....then i was stuck...stablility issues..crashes all the time...was getting pretty mad..thought of my self as being decent with computers.but after research, i found dfi-street. and omg...the wealth of knowledge and help that is available here is un touchable....i have NEVER seen another support forum where a moderator said that if you mail him your eq, he would look @ it and try to help you.....i have learned to much and if i would slow down a little on my drinking, i would learn sooooo much more...but hey, who is perfect.....andways....mad nubs out to angry (go back to old avatar, it looked better anyway) rgone and all the others who i have left out....) and not just the admins here...everybody will help[ you if you just ask and dont expect them to read minds...what i mean by that is...MAKE A SIG....tell us what ur working with...it is kinda like calling a doctor and saying my arm hurts, what is wrong?...it dont work....but im drunk and im rambling....so anyways....what were we talking about?...oh yeah....i LOVE DFI now...will never own anything else now...i have been able to get more out of my machine than i could have ever imagined.....other than the guy on ebay claiming 7020ghz on air...rofl...i mean wtf is the world comming to

The DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D was my first homebuild project and has worked out wonderfully.

The street will help you, and you wont be sorry!!

Good board! My sig. is my first scratch build, also. I had a few problems with the on-board sound, but the "Street" came through for me.

Good luck and welcome.

UT has less stuff in the box, the motherboards are identical.

Full version has neat things like a FrontX panel..