Sign in to follow this  
accuracy001

System temp higher than CPU?!?

Why the heck is my system temp higher than my CPU? that doesn't make sence....

Is my motherboard bad.... Even in bios it reads

System 42

CPU 28

mbm5.jpg

is my motherboard bad, or It's just a cool thing?

PWMIC = Pulse Width Modulator Integrated Circuit

Its the voltage regulator for the CPU.

All in all you're temps look great!

(I had problems with my 450w Modstream running my stuff. Good to see you're doing alright)

I don't see how your CPU temp can be 28C with air cooling- unless you live in an igloo.

I also don't see anything that says your system temp is 42C. I see that your PWMIC is 42C, but as UncleDavid said that's not your system temp.

DragonTattooz:

If you can't understand how it is possible to gain a thermal measure of 28C, you evidently haven't tried an Athlon 64; or more precisely, a Venice or San Diego core one. My 3000+, overclocked to 3500 currently, runs at about 30C load.

DragonTattooz:

If you can't understand how it is possible to gain a thermal measure of 28C, you evidently haven't tried an Athlon 64; or more precisely, a Venice or San Diego core one. My 3000+, overclocked to 3500 currently, runs at about 30C load.

Wow, nice. My first AMD CPU was an X2 4400+ that died and now I have this Opty 165. Temps on both of those with my fairly high-end WC setup run around 26C idle and 32C load. For you guys to get those same temps on air kinda makes me think I wasted my money on WC. ;)

Wow, nice. My first AMD CPU was an X2 4400+ that died and now I have this Opty 165. Temps on both of those with my fairly high-end WC setup run around 26C idle and 32C load. For you guys to get those same temps on air kinda makes me think I wasted my money on WC. ;)

The temps at the top all look normal to me, except the CPU, but the explanations above on the opterons & their heat output clarifies it for me. My x2 4600 idles between 31-35, and hits about 45 under load, while my chipset and pwmic temps float between 40c and 50c depending on system load.

Those temps seem fine...and the idle temp seems very good. In response to DragonTattooz's statement, yes it is easily possible to get 28 idle with air, as long as your ambient temps are around 23C (normal sort of temps) and you have a decent air cooler, good air flow and nice neat cabling.

My old 3700 used to do 26-28C idle on air cooling, but my new 3700 is a different kettle of fish...does 31-33 idle with stock volts!

I don't see how your CPU temp can be 28C with air cooling- unless you live in an igloo.

Venice E3 0517apaw naked on TTBigTyphoon:

2800mhz @ 1.650v, ambient ~65F

idle :D

2800idlepostprime0qu.th.jpg

load @ 12hours Prime custom test (1024-4096k FFTs using 1800MB memory)

2800primefullload12hours4yu.th.jpg

:nod:

Awesome temps. The 65F ambient certainly helps, but that's still better than I get with water cooling (I actually use MCT-5, not water) and an ambient of around 70F.

Those temps are phenomenal! Are you sure they are right :) ??

yeah, right now with ambient ~75F, I'm idling @ 24C and load is closer to 34-35C