Corsair Vs. Ocz

hitrack

Here's the scenario. On PC MARK 2002 my friend has the memory score up around 5900 with the FSB @ 188 and the multiplier @ 12. Claims he can't get it to overclock to 200 on the FSB. On the other hand I can go to 200 no problem, and past it.

Although I can beat his CPU score (his 6991, mine 7130) I can't get near his memory score. Best I can do is 5716. My memory timings are 2-2-2-4 with my PC 2700 TwinX mem 2 x 256megs. By the way 213 FSB overclocks my memory from stock 166mhz to over 175mhz, after that it craps out and won't boot.

He has OCZ dual chanel mem, but PC 3200. Would the extra headroom make a difference?? His being rated at 200mhz.

Our equipment is exactly the same otherwise. Soltek SL-75FRN2 & AMD 2500 bartons.

Any thoughts??

PS: no big deal I'm just not happy unless I'm kicking his .!

the 2700 and 3200 are actually diff modules. everything above 3200 is reall o/ced 3200 already. If you gonna go with that high of an oc i would definatly get pc3200 dual channel mem. anything above that an you most likely will not benefit from. As far as what brand I used to be a corsair guy I would never buy anything but corsair. That is cause OCZ had a lot of problems with their memory. Now OCZ I would rank better. All I run now is OCZ memory cause of that and of course 1 512MB of Samsung. If you want extreme performance go with the OCZ PC3200 Platinum Series. They have lower timings than both the gold series and the regular. GL.