1. 1.

• AM2
    • Conroe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Synchronize

Too much hype over the conroe, need to wait for it to be officially released and tested before i can even make a decision.

Guest caffeinejunkie

939 for a while

once i get a current gen card (x1k series) I should be set for a year or so and by them am2 will have somewhat matured and we'll start seeing some 65nm work and maybe even ddr3

I want to see end user conroe results on air with no es chips on normal boards first before I make any judgements lol

Guest Timmay

I'm like a rat on a sinking ship, I will jump to what ever platform is best in an instant.

gotta be said. thats a big decision. conroe is a whole new platform so from an OCin point of view its real exciting ---- but costly too. so itll happen but when??? i wont be spending any MORE money on Skt939 at all. but i might trade my Opty for a new one and go crossfire. i can always move my cards to Conroe. :nod:

Guest YuKoN

Conroe all the way- but sadly most of us will only be able to afford the 2mb cache models(of which there are 2), and not the top 2 4mb models. I'm interested to see how this will play out. It's going to be a crazy year- with conroe, AM2, Vista, and 64 bit Vista all hitting the market. Add to that quad sli and whatever crossfire comes up with by christmas time.

All we can do is wait.

I'm waiting to see how they play out, I'm not real enthusiastic about having to change over to DDR2, as well as replacing the CPU and mobo. I have an Opteron 170 that runs 24/7 @ 2.8 and a 146 that does 3.05 easily as well, my next upgrade is going to be a second X1900XT for crossfire most likely. However with the OC results that I am seeing over at XS on Conroe, my upgrade addiction may not let me last that long ;p

If AMD can play their cards right, then they can still win against Conroe like they did with the AXP over P4.

Conroe holds on average 15-20% lead over current 939/AM2 parts. The AXP 3200+ sometimes lost on stock to the 2.4 GHz Northwood 800 FSB. Yet, people still bought it because on average, it was still best bang buck and it got within range of 2.8 GHz-3.0 GHz P$4 for alot less.

I'm not expecting Conroe to be dirst cheap and it prolly won't cause 2MB L2 is expensive to manufactur, let alone 4 MB.