Sign in to follow this  
Smallies

Interesting findings regarding corsair memory & dividers & CAS

I've noticed something quite peculiar with my corsair TwinX2048-3200C2 memory: when I run at 200mhz stock speed with all timings manually set to 2-3-3-6-1T (as well as ALL other memory timings, such as read preamble etc.), the system is rock stable and works fine. Memory in orange slots.

If I run at 237mhz FSB but use a memory divider of 9/10, which results in exactly 200mhz on the memory, the system refuses to run memtest86 / boot into windows with the exact same memory timings - keep in mind, every single memory timing is manually set, nothing is set to auto, so the memory should in effect be running at the exact same timings as when the FSB was set to 200mhz.

If i drop to CAS2.5, and change nothing else, it works like a champ. I find this odd considering with the memory divider in place, the memory is running at the exact same timing.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

You're overclocking the memory controller which may be a reason for extra sensitivity in timings and settings.