Sign in to follow this  
static2229

Device Manager Problem - Conflict?

In my device manager I have the yellow circle with black explanation point by the following items:

NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator

- Other PCI Bridge Device !

Sounds, video and game controllers

- Realtek AC'97 Audio !

System Devices

- PCI Memory Controller !

- SM Bus Controller !

Each one gives a code 28 : The Drivers for this device are not installed.

I installed them directly off the DFI disk using autorun, I also went to each one individulally through device manager. It will install the drivers the the circle/explanation point do not go away.

Not sure if this is related, but the system will freeze or restart itself spontanesously (SP?)

I have (2) Hard drives plugged into SATA ports 1 & 2, nothing on the other ports..

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have tried uninstalling them all and reinstalling several times. I still have the explanation point beside them. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Is it because I only have 2 hard drives and neither of them are RAID or connected to the RAID slots on the board?

Let me know. THANKS!!!

I'm also experiencing problems with the NF4 drivers so I don't have a solution for you. But, I can tell you that it doesn't have anything to do with your SATA drives being plugged in to the SATA ports- they don't need to be in a RAID array in order to work properly.

Hey static,

Welcome the "Street"; home of Happy_Games!

The first thing that you should do is "Uninstall" all of the drivers that you mentioned. Place your driver disk in the CD/DVD drive. Reboot.

Windows will identify new hardware and look for the drivers. It should find them on the disk. If not, you can direct Windows to the drivers disk.

Hope this helps!

Good luck.

DO you have problems with your system randomly rebooting?

No. The problem I am experiencing is when I try to install the SM Bus driver it will FUBAR my whole system. I've uninstalled an reinstalled the nForce drivers so many times that I could do it with my eyes closed. Next step, maybe tonight, I am going to reload Windows. I made a slipstreamed CD with the latest NF4 drivers, but I'm afraid to use it because I've never done a slipstreamed CD and I just know it's going to melt my computer to the ground. ;)

No. The problem I am experiencing is when I try to install the SM Bus driver it will FUBAR my whole system. I've uninstalled an reinstalled the nForce drivers so many times that I could do it with my eyes closed. Next step, maybe tonight, I am going to reload Windows. I made a slipstreamed CD with the latest NF4 drivers, but I'm afraid to use it because I've never done a slipstreamed CD and I just know it's going to melt my computer to the ground. ;)

Don't worry about slipstreaming. It won't hurt your computer.

I created a slipstreamed Windows CD using "nlite". It works great! In fact, I have installed WinXP Pro twice with it.

i'm not sure so someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think i read that you don't need to install the sm bus drivers do a quick serch of this site i'm sure i've seen it mentioned before but can't remeber where

star 1 of 3

BIOS update, anybody ??

:)

Actually!!! I just flashed the 704-2bta BIOS yesterday. I haven't tried loading the nForce drivers with this BIOS.

i'm not sure so someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think i read that you don't need to install the sm bus drivers do a quick serch of this site i'm sure i've seen it mentioned before but can't remeber where

star 1 of 3

I think it's the SW/IDE drivers that don't need to be installed. Maybe SMBus as well, I'm not sure.