2 GB Prime

Knob

hi,

I did some search on the forum but I didnt find the answer I require.

I looked at Angry's post, with regards to setting up 'custom" Prime which he uses 400 MB to stress each core with Prime 95, when he had a total of 1 GB worth of RAM.

Hence when I have 2 GB worth of RAM, does that mean that i would stress each core with 800MB?

Does this make sense?

Thanks

hi,

I did some search on the forum but I didnt find the answer I require.

I looked at Angry's post, with regards to setting up 'custom" Prime which he uses 400 MB to stress each core with Prime 95, when he had a total of 1 GB worth of RAM.

Hence when I have 2 GB worth of RAM, does that mean that i would stress each core with 800MB?

Does this make sense?

Thanks

yep, 800MB per core is what I test with on dual core cpu's and 2GB of RAM

I suppose I could go a little more, but it leaves some headroom, and besides...800MB of RAM per core is more than enough with these big 1024k FFT's etc

yep, 800MB per core is what I test with on dual core cpu's and 2GB of RAM

I suppose I could go a little more, but it leaves some headroom, and besides...800MB of RAM per core is more than enough with these big 1024k FFT's etc

Thanks mate! :)

Guest burningrave101

800MB+ is what i use per instance in Prime95 Blend but if you really want to test your RAM alone i suggest using Windows Memtest because it will be the most efficient. You set it up the same way as Prime95 Blend with running two instances and allocating 800MB or so per instance.