Sign in to follow this  
SLI-DR User

My new 3700+ Sandiego, good stepping?

I think you might be in luck mate. I have a KACAE 0602GPMW and it does 3.11Ghz at stock volts (1.392V) on air cooling, and this is totally prime stable. Here is a pic I took of my OC last week (my temps have dropped since then so I have managed to go up to 1.392V on the same Vcore):

0602Prime2Hat3070MHz.jpg

Your CPU is a week older than mine, so it should do pretty well on stock volts (maybe 3.0GHz depending on the cooling)

holy moly.. im right now using a stock cooling at 2.8ghz at 1.5v and its been stable all day playing Guildwars. :O man stock 3ghz. Wat cooling are u using on that?

Thx. I have air cooling...but a pretty good air cooling setup....Thermaltake Big Typhoon with thunderblade fan, 5 case fans and nice neat cabling. You should get a better cooler, such as the one I have or something like an AC Freezer 64, then you might be able to push it further.

I think you might be in luck mate. I have a KACAE 0602GPMW and it does 3.11Ghz at stock volts (1.392V) on air cooling, and this is totally prime stable. Here is a pic I took of my OC last week (my temps have dropped since then so I have managed to go up to 1.392V on the same Vcore):

Your CPU is a week older than mine, so it should do pretty well on stock volts (maybe 3.0GHz depending on the cooling)

HOLY BEJESUS! I'm so jealous right now. My Opteron 148 pushes 3.0 to 3.1 ghz on 1.6 Volts and I'm not sure thats even prime stable (I didn't test). Wow! I run my Opty at 2.8 right now at 1.52 volts.

You are the first person to make me jealous. Thats insane! 3.1 ghz on stock volts! I have no words for that.... well done... just... well done...

Thanks Michael :) Here is a little Prime I have been working on at my stock volts and 3.11Ghz (notice the better temps this time) :

0602Primingat3.jpg

For some reason the temps on this CPU arent very good. At idle I get around 30C at stock volts, hence my load temps are around 40-42C. This gets far worse when I increase the Vcore, and hence the chip is not scaling well with voltage at the moment (was prime stable at 3.145Ghz at 1.44V).

The strange this is that my old 3700 had great temps at 1.54V...idle was 28C and load was 40C. I cannot understand why the new chip is running so hot. I have reseated my TT BT loads of times with varying amounts of AS5 and still no luck. If I was brave I would remove the IHS, but I cant imagine knackering this CPU, so I have wussed out (for now!).

well after playing with this new chip this is my resault (290x10 1:1divider). It seems that this chip likes voltage. At 1.65v it idles at down to 25c and loads up to 38-42c using the cooler it came with it, room temp is around 27c. My CABGE would do the same clock but at 1.45v only and it runs pretty hot on my TT BT idles at 28c load 42-45c. its weird :nod:

sandy.jpg

Those temps are incredible! Are you sure your room temp is 27C? I thought it would be impossible to idle lower than your room temp?! At 1.65V my CPU would run at around 60C (not joking either!), and I have superior air cooling to the stock cooler. V.v.v. wierd.

yeah its night time here now and the room temp is going down to 26 cause its winter here (Brisbane/Australia). Ill try my BT tomorow on this chip and see what happens if i put a 1.75vc on this thing. burn baby burn!!. I did touch the AMD HSF and it is pretty cool.

Heres the idle temp with the TCaseMax Info :)

AMD64 TCaseMax - v1.19

----------------------

CPU Information (CPU #1):

Standard CPUID: Family: F, Model: 7, Stepping: 1

Extended CPUID: Family: F, Model: 27, Stepping: 1

CPUID String: 20F71

Processor APIC: 0

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (San Diego)

CPU Speed: 2900.06 (290.01 x 10.0)

Revision: SH8-E4

Platform: Socket 939

Startup VCore: 1.350v

Maximum Case Temperature = 50C

TDP: 30.5 Watts

Seriously mate, are those temperatures right?? How on earth is it possible to get 24C idle with 1.65V with ambients of 26C? I wish my idles were that low.

sorry if i didnt metion this earlier.. when i installed the stock HSF i use AS5 on it and im on open case setup on this chip.. heres the screenie on idle now :)

26.jpg

My God that makes me jealous. If I had idles of 26C I could throw in 1.55V into the CPU, which would allow me to break 3.2Ghz, prime stable. It almost makes me wanna try the stock hsf to see if a miracle happens and it lowers my load/idles.