7900 Gtx

Guest Joalaielna

I've heard rumors that this does help with the OC but I've never seen it done.

Yea what exactly does the pci-e frequency do in the motherboard? I up it to 105, notice no difference, up it to 110 and it wont boot so I had to clear cmos.

Yea what exactly does the pci-e frequency do in the motherboard? I up it to 105, notice no difference, up it to 110 and it wont boot so I had to clear cmos.

It just increases the rate of data transfer across the PCI-e bus. Mine works fine over 120mhz, though I run higher voltage on my chipset (~1.80 and ldt (1.5) which may affect it. No difference in overclocking for me though, I just leave it at 100.

Keep in mind too that apparently increasing it can cause instability in other compoents accessing the bus..apparently SATA drives are included in that. So be warned it might really mess things up.

Does anyone up there pci gfx slot from 100 to 105 when using the 7900GTX?

It isn't needed with a stock or stock OC'ed 7900GTX. Modded cards, expecially running TEC's, Phase Change, D-Ice or on LN2 running much higher cores cocks require high PCIe bus feqs to run stable. The higher the core clock the higher the PCie bus freq required.

With 800Mhz cores around 110-115Mhz is needed. The boys pushing 900Mhz core on LN2 need 125-130+ on the PCIe bus freq to get through the benchmarks.

Viiper

Guest caffeinejunkie

Dfi recommends

101mhz for nvidia based cards

105mhz for ati based card

I myself use between 102-105 and it actually gives me a decent ammount of added overall system stability and I get higher clocks on both core and mem

Dfi recommends

I myself use between 102-105 and it actually gives me a decent ammount of added overall system stability and I get higher clocks on both core and mem

Rgone recommends that and it is okay but 100Mhz is fine for everything except HIGHLY OC'ed 7900GTX cards with extreme cooled cores.

Viper

Dfi recommends

Actually Rgone recommends that and it is okay but 100Mhz is just fine for every card except highly OC'ed, extreme cooled 7900GTX cores.

Viper