Your entertainment system?

Daddyjaxx

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those RC helicopters? Don’t happen to have a camera in that big one, do you? That has to be an expensive hobby.

Yeah, they're RC. A little more expensive as a hobby then computers. No camera in those. I've got others though. One of them have a camera.

Those three are sitting there because they're the ones I fly all the time. The large one I use for practice outside. The two small ones I fly in the house.

The one on the left side of the tv is built from scratch. Rewound cd-rom motor and hand-built electronics. The rest of the parts I either machined from raw stock or cut down existing parts.

Yeah, they're RC. A little more expensive as a hobby then computers. No camera in those. I've got others though. One of them have a camera.

That’s impressive. I’ve thought about getting into RC, but never have. There is a guy in a photography forum who posts some great photos from his RC helicopter. Do you use the one with the camera for any kind of work you are compensated for?

That’s impressive. I’ve thought about getting into RC, but never have. There is a guy in a photography forum who posts some great photos from his RC helicopter. Do you use the one with the camera for any kind of work you are compensated for?

Whats the name of that forum?

90 dB is safe for eight hours of steady listening a day.

It's not the volume, but the circumstances that kill hearing.

a) 105 dB for a song or two isn't bad. two hours of it.. is awful.

B) Above average volume music on the walkman isn't bad. Cranking it up to levels you'd never listen to in normal circumstances while on the train/outside to drown out ambient noise is bad, and will give you tinnitus/make you deaf very quickly. Get some canalphones, that go in your ear.. they'll block out tons of outside noise. My MP3 player is on 1/40 volume most of the time, and if I want it really loud, I crank it to 3.

c) Preparing yourself for loud volumes = still hearing loss. If you start listening at 75, then 80, then 85, and work your way to 120, it's just as bad as listening to 120 all along. It doesn't mean you prepped your ears for the loud volumes, just because it feels better than going right into it at 120. If you play your music, say "woah that's too loud", turn it down, but find yourself slowly navigating back to that level, turn it down.

d) When you hurt a muscle, it gets tense, and this may hurt. When you hear a very loud sound, your ears become tense. The hairs won't move as freely as usual to sound, so you won't hear subtle details(and down the line, obvious sounds) as well as before, unless you give your ears time to rest(earplugs, no traffic, etc). In this situation, you'll turn the music up even more so you can hear it, 110 will sound the same as 95 did before to you, but you are doing 15 dB more damage. I

I have listened to my music at high levels before, enough to turn the amp into a footwarmer. :D but I don't do so for prolonged periods of time, and I have regular hearing tests. If I lose my hearing, there go my career goals..

Thanks I was wondering about that.

When mixing/editing music I only have two fears, Blowing out my speakers, and going deaf. I only do it for 1-2 hours a day but it makes me worry alittle. I have blown out the amp on a lesser pair of speakers, which wont be a problem with my new set but I am using sattalite speakers.