Your entertainment system?

Daddyjaxx

Everybody displays your PC proudly, but what sort of home entertainment system do you have? I'm curious to what everyone has and what you enjoy watching tv and movies on. :) Here's mine:

10001523bn.jpg

I love watching Discovery HD, the picture is in a word....awesome.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very clean room you don't have little kids eh i got a telly smeared with finger prints and every thing nice 35 feet off the ground i love watch discovery and the like but end up with the kids tv ahhhhhhhh

My TV os a Trinitron 27" Flat-screen, but was thinking of getting a Viewsonic 27" lcd monitor/tv later on.

Audio system is decent, but dont have money to upgrade the components:

Sony SAWX700- dual 10" drivers, one thing I don't really need to upgrade

Pioneer VSX-D608- Ive always wanted a VSX-1014K or a Elite series w/ THX Ultra-2....

Bose 401(i think) bookshelves- probably going to get some Bose 701 floorstandings and move these booksheves to the back. Or, I might just get a Acoustimass system, but then Id have an extra sub.

Audiosource rears- not one of my good puchases...lol. They're just not as clear as I hoped they'd be.

heres my entertainment are....not as high tech as some of you guys have but it works for now.

also i just finished moving into the new appartment so i havent had time to mount my BLOSE speakers yet.

entertainment24lv.jpg

VSX D 414 Pioneer Reciever, came as the powerplant to a home theater in a box I got a little over two years ago. Not as nice as yous guys, but still gets me in trouble every now and again in my apartment building.

A simple 27 RCA... Nutun fancy for me. Unfortunately :sad:

I love the Plasma screens, but a good one in 42" was like 3 grand when I picked my set up last July. I think the price on mine was 1999.00 @ WorstBuy and he knocked off 200.00 when I bought the 400.00 four year warranty.

EntCtr.jpg

My setup includes a Hitachi 42inch Plasma with 1080i resolution. This works out just fine since Cableone only delivers 1080i HD content to their HD DVR box. It holds about 30 hours of HD content which has been more than enough so far.

I still have my Sony 35inch CRT since it has two tuners for Picture-in-Picture. Since most of the content available is still standard def, it serves it's purpose quite well.

The hardware on the left side includes from top to bottom:

The HD DVR from Cableone. This outputs video over DVI and audio over optical.

The Pioneer 480p DVD player. This outputs video over YPbPr and audio over coax.

The MediaPC is hand built. My LanpartyB and XP3200 are the heart of this unit. I used a Silverstone Lascala case without the VFD to save some bucks. The Silverstone PSU is very quiet with a 120mm fan for adequate cooling. I have a 300GB drive with a 30GB OS partition. The rest is media storage so I can defragment at any time. There is an ATI AIW 9600XT with one tuner and a Hauppauge WinPVR USB2 external tuner. The AIW card outputs video over the RGB. A Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS THX sound card that outputs 6 channel direct. A wireless network card and DVD burner round out the setup.

The audio is handled by a Logitech Z-5500 sound system. It decodes Dolby and DTS from either the optical or coax inputs. The Sound Blaster feeds directly into the 6 channel inputs.

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for PC operation from the couch. The remote from the AIW controls the Snapstream software so the keyboard and mouse rarely get used except to search for program material and maintain the unit.

Every couple of months I run my Avia DVD to check the setup and keep the picture and sound in top condition. There's no sense in investing hard earned money if you aren't getting the best possible picture and sound.

I can bet I have one of the best sound systems here. Check my sig for that. :D

One of the best for sure. :)

Got you beat though, I'm an audio guy first, computer guy second. I'll have to take some pics here sometime when I get my sub done... :cool: Almost got an HSU a few years ago, decided using an Adire Shiva in my own box was a better move (up in the air probably, cheaper for me though)...I've upgraded a bit since then though.

Her'es one of my newer subs with a CD for size comparison...

minidsc005032xe.jpg

18" Ascendant Audio Avalanche...I have two of them that either I'll be putting in my van or selling soon. Don't have any pictures of my speakers, I'll get those up tonight/tomorrow maybe. But anyways...

Harman/Kardon AVR-7200 receiver

Harman/Kardon Citation 16 Power amp (for front channels)

DIY speakers based off Wayne 'the rev' J's "Eros" design (front channels

Sony M-T-M style speakers (center, surrounds) no model number, basically ES-equivalent but were only sold in Japan (except through ebay...)

Working on my new sub for my room....18's are just too much (sometimes)

Behringer EP2500 power amp (600x2 into 4 ohms, 1200x2 into 2 ohms)

Behringer Feedback Destroyer (eq)

2x Ascendant Audio Atlas 12s (FINALLY got my router bits, so it should be done this week minus the veneer)

As for a TV...I have a 27" Toshiba I never use. Still waiting for a new place before I get something nice.

Edit: Here a pic of the power amp I'm using (Citation 16), it's 70s era, probably better than anything new unless you've got a couple grand to blow...rediculous how quality amps are hard to come by anymore...

citation162aq.jpg