Sign in to follow this  
mhypertext

Karajan-R850 issues

I bought the board used and when i got it the guy i bought it off of used cardboard to get the sound module to work....

Long story short he said there was a piece of plastic that holds it in place.?.?

if this is true where can i get this peice and the I/O sheild he never shipped

Maybe conctacting DFI directly...maybe angry games or Rgone can direct you better...the piece you're refering to is a white plastic module that as two push pins that fix in the mobo....

why wou;d send you the module and not the holder is a mistery to me...

the holder is not really that important, but if you want one, just send me a pm and I will put you in contact with Donna and she'll sell you one

to tell the truth I never read my manual with my mobo and jsut installed it.

later on i was like..whats this plastic doohickie. Then i found out it went with the audio module

I been using htis board without the holder for a while. It doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Only thing i could see happening is a GIANT bump to the casing causeing part of the module to make contact with the board or something. *which i dont see likely happening*

heh i helped him out

but personally i only use the Karjan module when testing the board...but when I build them for keepers...I always put an Audigy/Audigy2/Turtle Beach (some PCI sound card) in them ;)