Unable To Install Win Xp

Hi All, this is my first post here. I cannot install WIN XP. After all the drivers ( debug, kernel, scsi...) are loaded, after the first restart, a blue screen appear with a message that i have to check my all hdd for viruses. My hdd is like new, formated on another pc. Do you have boys any ideea? Many Thanks. Also i have to say that the pc works very well, since i decided to clean my hdd and formated, and install again a fresh WIN XP..

thx for reply, yes i loaded the optimized defaults, same screen, i have to wait to finish the memtest now, and i will change to orange slots, many thanks, i will let you know what's happen next

if that fails try a different XP disk if you can get your hands on one... or download Linux and make the bootable cds, then see if that installs ok.... might be a PSU problem... you got all power connectors plugged in and all USB and unnecessary IDE devices unplugged?

You are suppose to be using the orange slots with the official BIOSes.

The memory may also have Hynix chips in it, what is the exact model number?

Thx for the tip, i will gonna change to the orange's, the model no. is *MY-005-GL, and there is : 2x512 MB PC 3200 400 MHz. I launched the memtest 8 (eight) hours ago, and it's still runing, is it ok?

I also stuck with an OS-less system. I flashed my BIOS to the lastest official 406 before I received my Opteron 144. Then my WinXP just BSOD during startup after the new BIOS. Thereafter, I can't reinstall fresh WinXP again on Raid-0 setup so I just tried install it in single disk and it work on single disk. Fine, I said, so I put in the Opteron 144 and upgrade my ram to GSkill DDR500 HZ 2GB kit. The system boot fine and everything seems pretty good (still in single disk).

So I decided to go ahead to change the chipset HSF to Evercool. I stripe off the whole system and replace the chipset HSF, clear the CMOS again during the process. After that I powered up the PC and voila... it boot up fine and so I get into BIOS and put in the previous stable setting (tested with BIOS 406, not old BIOS). Initial I try with Raid-0 again and it will just hang like before. So I change to single HDD and this time big trouble, it won't install even on single HDD. After I hit any key to begin the Boot from CD, the system will display a line saying "Setup is......" (sorry, can't remember the exact word, it is the very first line display after hitting any key to begin the installation process) then it will just hang there, nothing happen.

Please shed some light on this. I did try clear the CMOS a few time and it still the same. Should I flash the BIOS back to 623? Can BIOS 623 support Opteron 144?

Many thanks for reading. :)