Sign in to follow this  
wevsspot

nLite RAID DRIVER SLIPSTREAMING

Ok experts, a real simple question concerning slipstreaming the 6.70 raid driver pack into an unattended WindowsXP Pro SP2 installation disk.

I'm unclear whether I need to slipstream the "Legacy" subfolder or the SATA Raid subfolder into my Windows install disk. It looks like either would work, but if you use the SATA Raid subfolder there are additional files to copy.

Please set this straight for my kindergarten education.

I'm running 623-1 m/b bios (which has 4.84 raid bios) which should work just fine for chipset drivers 623-1 and newer.

Again, my question is simple . . . 2X74 gb WD Raptors in RAID 0, do I slipstream the SATA Raid subfolder or the Legacy subfolder.

Thanks.

In case you miss out, the most complete guide is here. But I think the thread starter may have forget to add the sata_ide too which I encountered before here.

2 days ago I tried his way and fail. I have slipstream another copy with the sata_IDE also integrated but not yet try it out yet.

The 6.70 legacy has everything you need for sata raid.

So during the nLite process, just point it to the Legacy folder and nLite will pick up all the drivers in there?

I did just that and it din work out. :confused: Maybe i just need to do it one more time. :O

So during the nLite process, just point it to the Legacy folder and nLite will pick up all the drivers in there?

I did just that and it din work out. :confused: Maybe i just need to do it one more time. :O

fernando's instructions detail every painful step, just be sure to slipstream all drivers he says to, you may need to change your widnows settingsw to see some of the files

When you select the drivers make sure you are holding the shift key so it will pull all the drivers.

When you select the drivers make sure you are holding the shift key so it will pull all the drivers.

Maybe that's where I messed up. I slipstreamed the entire subfolder I created to hold the legacy drivers. Using nLite that created a .iso file, but only of that subfolder.

If I'm reading this right, just the drivers themselves should be pulled from the legacy subfolder and slipstreamed to the windows os cd.

Last question, if using Nero to burn the CD, do you tell Nero to make a bootable cd or just copy files to CD?

Actually, my slipstreamed CD booted, just when it came to the part for partioning, formatting and actually installing the OS, it still showed my two Raptors as seperate drives and not one single raid drive.

When i slipped my drivers in I went to the legacy folder and pull the nvatabus file and then went to the sataraid folder and pulled the nvraid file. I didnt follow a guide when i did it. I just did it :)

When i slipped my drivers in I went to the legacy folder and pull the nvatabus file and then went to the sataraid folder and pulled the nvraid file. I didnt follow a guide when i did it. I just did it :)

And I guess that method worked just fine?

Did you use Nero to create a backup copy of your regular Windows XP disk, or some other method? Please let me know.

Thanks.

I used nlite to copy the xp cd data off, loaded the drivers as described above, burned iso with nero, and everything is working fine now.