Sign in to follow this  
zeero

why can't I get this stable?

Hi all, I'm trying to get my system stable but can't seem to get things right. I suspected one bad stick of ram because one passed memtest and the other instantly throws errors with same setup. When I run both sticks, I get one or two errors after a few hours. Prime95 fails instantly and SuperPi errors at 1M. 3dmark03 and 05 crap out after a few minutes too. The guys at mushkin don't seem to want to rma it so I may be screwed. Here is my setup with vdimm ~2.7-2.8. See sig for hardware.

Tcl: 2.0

Trcd: 2

Tras: 5-6

Trp: 2

Trc: 7

Trfc: 14

Trrd: 2

Twr: 3

Twtr: 2

Trwt: 3

Tref: 3120

Twcl AUTO

Bank Inter ENABLED

Dynamic skew control AUTO

Skew Value 0

DRAM Drive Strength 07

DRAM Data Drive Strength 01

Max Async 7ns

DRAM Response Time Normal

Read Preamble 5ns

Idle Cycle 256

Dynamic Counter DISABLED

R/W Que Bypass 16X

Bypass Max 7X

32 bit Gran DISABLED(4 bursts)

How long have you had your memory modules? If your warranty has already expired then i would invest in another memory kit since you have already found the source of you problem. If you can find the same memory and match it then you can do it that way to save some money instead of buying a pair again. Good Luck!

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D with BIOS 04/06/2006

AMD 64 3500+ (water cooled)

2x512MB Mushkin LII V2 PC3200 "TCCD" 991355

6600GT (water cooled)

SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS

500W PSU

Could be that PSU!

Try testing one stick at a time with the FSB lowered. To determine your max memory speed per stick. Also try swapping the memory in the slots. Good luck.

Frotron Blue Storm 500W it's on the list. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

Well do us all a favor and get that kind of critical info in your sig. You've wasted our time making us ask such questions.

Fix your sig with all the required info NOW!

PSU make and model

Video make and model.

Remember, you're asking for help. Make it easy for forum members!

wow, sorry to waste everyone's time, I didn't mean to piss anybody off. my sig is updated. The vid card is not OC and is an MSI card.

He's not pissed, but there are rules for a reason, and rules are made to be followed.

I would try different RAM (borrow a friends or something) and test it that way. If that passes then you know for a fact your memory is to blame.

Understood. I guess I didn't think vid card manuf made that big of a difference and I used to have a 500W Ultra X-connect but it was garbage like everyone else said :)