Sign in to follow this  
karot

Motherboard standoffs

Hey, I bought an Ultra-D OEM so I have nothing but the board and the online manual didn't mention anything relating to the board installation. So does anyone know where I should place the mobo standoffs (case is coolermaster wave master). Thanks.

it should be marked on the case, look at the threaded holes on the case. there should be something like this printed beside it: MTX,ATX,BTX....use the ATX's.

Guest thespin

Whereever there is a mounting hole on your motherboard ...

yeah, just have your mobo handy and set it down in the same position it would be in the case, then just put in the corresponding holes

Does anyone know if the stand offs on the CoolerMaster Wave case have a different thread size than standard size standoffs? I am using a set of standoffs from a previous build (Thermaltake Tsunami Dream) and they won't screw in. Since the motherboard tray is so thick, I can't use the standoffs or even screws to re-thread the screw hole. I just need confirmation, before I decide to drill out the holes.

Is the coolermaster is a new case it should come with its own. I think they are a different size from what i can remeber i wouldnot recommend doing any drilling to the case. If they don't fit from your old build they are incorrect i would in all honest go to your local computer shop and try and buy some form them as they come in differnet hirghts and thicknesses depending. Also check out the website for coolermaster: http://www.coolermaster.com/installation_manual/TAC-T01.pdf

The case was bought used from AceGoober, I am still waiting for his answer, since I emailed him with the same question. I am going to check out the local PC store tomorrow, if I have to, thanks.

Good luck man the computer shop is your best shoot i would give you some as i have heaps of them in differnet sizes but i live a bit far LOL

Problem solved, drilled and re-threaded the screw holes to accommodate standard size standoffs.

Thanks anyways.

Well, you fixed your problem, but i can tell that CM uses a smaller thread for their stand offs. Its the same thread size as the screws used to tighten down a hard drive or optical drive. Glad you got it working though.

Thanks, in case someone else want to use my method;

I figured out the right size by trying different size screws.

I practiced on some of the unused screw holes.

I used a drill bit that almost fit in a standard size standoff screw hole, drilled it and then threaded it using a larger screw like the ones used to screw on a side panel or expansion bay slot covers.

You just have to make sure you drill it and thread it straight, then it should be perfect.

Took ca 5-10 minutes and came out mint.