Sign in to follow this  
ghettotech

Hot? 805?

Can anyone let me know what a good temp range for a 805 is?

I know it runs hotter than a opteron but whats a safe range for water?

@ 3.8 i am @ 39 idle (its nice and breezy today) but i can rock up to 55c easily @ 1.6v and 4.0ghz

well...my Pentium D 930 (65nm tho, and 3Ghz per core and 2MB L2 which can also impact temps) @ 3750Mhz on DangerDen TDX watercooling and a single 120mm radiator runs dual prime at about 52C @ 1.4v....

You guys have temp range for air yet? I am using standard for now, however would be interested in real life temperatures. I haven't started the build as of yet.

i went straight from stock heatsink of the Pentium D 930 (about 62C at full dual-prime load stock speeds) to DangerDen TDX watercooling (3750Mhz @ 54C full dual prime load lol)

I realize the irrelevancy but... Those were my 478 single core's temps @ 3.8 1.55vcore under a big typhoon (with 100cfm fan). That was also in a 30C ambient.

But, what CPU were you using?

There is a difference.

I realize the irrelevancy but... Those were my 478 single core's temps @ 3.8 1.55vcore under a big typhoon (with 100cfm fan). That was also in a 30C ambient.

Guest YuKoN

I'm not sure how a 805 will run- but my 660 @ 4.1 (Arctic Cooling Freezer 7) idles at 30, high of 53 under dual prime, in an ambient system of 33C. At 56-57 it will start to throttle and 58 just plain shut down. Of course, temps are relevant to ambient, and it did even better last winter when ambient was 27, the other temps were lower likewise.

Not sure of the relevance- but Intels don't take the heat very well IMO. To coin an old phrase- "55 to stay alive" lol. Intel's site states 660 will run up to 70 something- but I think thats just marketing hype. I prefer to keep it below 52.

Guest YuKoN

sorry for the confusion lol- she'd pop like an M-80 at 4.1 volts lol.

yes- 4.1 GHZ. Only 1.425 volts.