Sign in to follow this  
BlackDragon24

Need a really cheap pci-e vid card that can run 1600x1200

Hey guys,

While I'm finishing up my grad school requirements I am going to be out of the gaming loop for awhile, so rather than have a fresh 7900gt sit in my machine and never use it, I decided to sell. But now I need a cheap pci-e card that can support 1600x1200, preferably with onboard memory. Any suggestions would be helpful, as I am clueless when it comes to the bottom end video card segment of the market.

Thanks!

BD24

Connect3D X800GTO 256MB could be modded and can run 1600x1200 w/o AA/AF. Where exactly are you going to run that resolution on? Desktop? I think that video card might work for you. It currently goes for $155 (BRAND NEW). If you're going to use that resolution on DESKTOP it should be no problem. Let me know if this helps. :)

Shoulda been more clear.....I could care less about gaming for the time being. I am going to be spending the next 6 months or so extremely focused on school and am taking a break from gaming altogether. So all I need is something that will allow me to do basic internet stuff, word processing, etc on my 22" CRT. I'd like to spend $75 or so if I could. MAybe I'm being unrealistic?

ATI X300SE 128MB PCI-E = about $35-ish at newegg etc

not a gaming card at all

but perfect for everything else

^^ I'd second that in a heartbeat.

It's cheaper,newer and more powerful than my Radeon 9250 128, which does very high resolutions, puts out beautiful video playback via monitor or S-Video, and has treated me very well over the past couple years. If you're serious about not caring about gaming then any of the x1300s, x300's, or even 9250's (pci! ;)) would cover you nicely.

Sign in to follow this