Sign in to follow this  
Anospa

Where to shop?

Ok, so I've always liked Newegg and out of the few things I've gotten, everything has been shipped good and safe.

Read about Monarch computers earlier, so I'm looking at their stock, and the prices aren't bad. Anyone have any opinions on them? Same for Zipzoomfly, anyone got any news on them?

Thanks

Well, just searched through it, and didn't find anything about how people liked any of them, thats what I wanna know.

Ya, I looked there too.

Don't think you understand what I'm asking, I want REAL testiomnials from people you've bought stuff from them. Funny thing is, you're mentioning these things as I'm finding them myself, thanks anyways.

Guest Kobalt
Ya, I looked there too.

Don't think you understand what I'm asking, I want REAL testiomnials from people you've bought stuff from them. Funny thing is, you're mentioning these things as I'm finding them myself, thanks anyways.

And WHOM do you think makes the comments @ resellerratings.com? It isn't as bogus as the egg 's comment section which is heavily screened.

Ok, so I've always liked Newegg and out of the few things I've gotten, everything has been shipped good and safe.

Read about Monarch computers earlier, so I'm looking at their stock, and the prices aren't bad. Anyone have any opinions on them? Same for Zipzoomfly, anyone got any news on them?

Thanks

(Monarch Computers)

It depends on how long you are willing to wait. They have great prices and run some real good rebates, but be sure to call before you order just to make sure that the items are in stock. There seems to be a problem with their website updating real time inventory. I just placed a large order with them and ran into several problems, but in the end all worked out real well. Sterling (Customer Service Manager) went above and beyond to make things right...even went so far as to upgrade me from a $489.00 video card to a $699.00 card because they were out of stock. They will take care of you, but dont expect to get your order in 3 days like from the bigger guys. Also, be aware of the fact that you must have someone at home to sign for the package. Signature is required on all orders from them. Also, as a side note: Tony Lou from Thermaltake was one of the greatest guys I have ever dealt with. I received a damaged Armor case from Monarch and after Sterling notified him of this, he sent out a replacement same day and issued a call tag for the bad one...no questions asked. Hope that helps. ;)

My experiences with Monarch have been somewhat spotty. At times, they've shipped the stuff and I've gotten it in a reasonable time. However, my last experience was the worst and it was shared by a friend who ordered a bunch of stuff at the same time as myself. Basically, they didn't have a couple of things in stock, but you were led to believe they did on the website. But they charged both of our credit cards right away. After 2 weeks of getting (we're getting the parts in a couple days!), I cancelled my order and bought from The Egg and got the usual, exceptional service. My friend waited it out and eventually got almost what he wanted, with a couple of substitutions.

For me, it's not worth the savings I get from not paying the tax by ordering from Monarch. I know what I'm getting from The Egg and when I'm getting it and for that, they'll be my primary supplier for the forseeable future.

I just wish The Egg carried a good selection of water cooling supplies. :P

Sign in to follow this