Cross Fire issues gone with 6.5’s!

I reformatted last night before installing the new 6.5’s. Much to my surprise the problem I was having with Cross Fire is gone. I no longer have to uninstall and then reinstall the Catalysts to get Cross Fire to work.

I’m wondering if this has something to do with the MCE encoder failing to install with the previous Catalyst’s, as mentioned in ATI’s 6.5 release notes.

difficult to troubleshoot coz you reformatted - theres a ton o bugs you could have removed when you did that an youll never know.

hey who cares tho - it works now right. enjoy your crossfire in all its glory.

PL4YD34D,

“difficult to troubleshoot coz you reformatted - theres a ton o bugs you could have removed when you did that an youll never know.”

That’s just the thing, the Cross Fire problem I had before with the 6.3’s and 6.4’s was on a fresh OS install also.

I've seen reviews on the 6.5 drivers over at Tweaktown and if their benchmarks are accurate there is a slight decrease in performance in OpenGL games and others. I mean the ATI Driver team took longer as expected and still didn't come up with any performance improvements on their new release R580, but only for the X1300 and X1600 and those cards are weak to begin with anyway, right? :(

Im getting a 500+ point drop with new 6.5 drivers in 3dmark05....went from 13680 to 13107 (stock cpu/gpu)...havent tried anygames yet, but im mostlikely goin back to ccc6.3 (6.4 has problems with BF2)...sigh