Sign in to follow this  
Reapergato

7900 gt contenders.....

ok i have narrowed it down to these 2..... but im looking for a more technical point of view of which to get... who has expirences with either? what do you think looks like it would be more fun? one is overclocked.... the other one has VIVO....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814130016

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

For this card;

evga e-GeForce 7900 GT KO SUPERCLOCKED part # 256-P2-N567-AX

evga Requirements;

Minimum 500 Watt for SLI mode system.

(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amp Amps.)

Your PSU is lacking the amps on the 12v rails. So it is not so much your total wattages but the Amps. There is a cool power calculator somewhere around this forum. If I can find the link I’ll post it. You can look up the other one, but that card probably has the same power requirements.

You should read some threads around the net since you've obviously missed something that is rather important before buying any 7900GT's. Some crash some don't i guess, but i'm having issues with mine right now and it's the XFX 7900GT UDE7 520/1500. I think you might be better going the eVGA route, but not to sure about that either. It's a 50/50 chance, so go gamble. Good Luck! :)

Guest Retratserif

I have a BFG 7900 GT. Its not the highest pre-clocked, but it has a lifetime warrenty. No issues what so ever. I loaded riva tuner and the 2nd latest driver. I dont trust that new one yet. Make sure you get a new BFG though, there was a huge lot of them that the cap's just fell off. I got mine after those reviews went away. So get it from a bigger company like newegg. You should be fine.

Only con is that they are a little over priced, but like a said lifetime warrenty, you just cant beat that.

hmm thanks for the info on that power issue... man i thought i picked up a monster psu..... lol =) any other thoughts?.... MODS.... sorry for posting this in the wrong spot thanks for moving it =)

Just do a search for "7900GT Volt Mods" in google and it will direct you into articles or forums that can explain to you how it's done. These cards i've seen hit around 650+/900+ which is pretty damn good if you'd ask me, hehe. Just picture two 7900GT's modded on SLI, oh man! :)

AS far as customer service between those companies I would say Evga is the best with BFG a close second and xfx far behind.

here is a good artical to read hardOCP

Sign in to follow this