Sign in to follow this  
Guest retratserif

Works outside case on air, not inside with water..WTF?

Guest Retratserif

I dont get it. I dont have anything that is shorting it from what I can see. I get the 3 LED's when it is in the case. I had it out a few hours ago and it worked just fine. I am so confused.

Guest Retratserif

Yeah I looked, I even removed it from the case again, for the 3rd time tonight. Doing that with waterblocks installed is a pain in the butt. I dont get it. There is nothing touching my mobo other than 8 standoffs. Thats it. I really dont want to run everything out side of a $140 case that looks awsome.

I am mixing the two Cmos clears, one from Ex Roadie and one from the DFI support, I thin khis name was Ricky. I am going to leave it for a while and go kill some people in the worst way in BF2. There will be many knifings.

How tight are pulling down on the waterblock?

Are you using a back plate on the board or just putting the screws through?

I always run the screws through the DFI back plate to give the board a little more support in the socket area because I run blocks pretty tight.

Check the floppy power connector and make sure it is on the right pins and oriented correctly. (Personal experience) Thought I'd throw it in.

what BF2 site do you play? I found a couple of nice Pistol knife servers

to tell u the truth i only use 3 screws on my SLI-DR. 1 Topmiddle 1leftmiddle 1buttommiddle. Im starting to hate screws, thats why i bought this Soprano from TT. Just make sure u have those red pads when ur screwing the board. This happens to me before on my Duron setup.

Guest Kobalt

Yeah, use the paper/plastic washers on the standoffs.

That should fix your issue.

Guest Retratserif

I think I will use the anti static sheat behind it, just to see if that makes a difference. I know I shouldnt run it like that. I had the anti -static plastic on foam, outside the case whiel testing. Everything went fine. See my water cooling is kinda mounted to my case now. So I have to attact the water blocks to the parts while it is in the case. I thought the mobo had to be grounded? I guess it gets its ground from the power cables.

Still not resolved. I have to pull it and test some things.

Try some other memory, only one stick in the orange slot closer to the edge of the board... you might also try removing the CPU from the socket and putting it back.

Life is wierd...

I think I will use the anti static sheat behind it, just to see if that makes a difference. I know I shouldnt run it like that. I had the anti -static plastic on foam, outside the case whiel testing. Everything went fine. See my water cooling is kinda mounted to my case now. So I have to attact the water blocks to the parts while it is in the case. I thought the mobo had to be grounded? I guess it gets its ground from the power cables.

Still not resolved. I have to pull it and test some things.

NO NO NO!

Never ever use an anti-static sheet with any electronic device while powered.

Anti-static sheets/bags are CONDUCTIVE, that's how protect sensitive electronic devices.

Any static electricity will be conducted through the bag or sheet instead of through the device it's protecting.

Powering up a motherboard while sitting on the anti-static bag is a sure way to short everything out.

Guest Retratserif
Try some other memory, only one stick in the orange slot closer to the edge of the board... you might also try removing the CPU from the socket and putting it back.

Life is wierd...

I tried many different sticks of mem many times.

I have put the anti static bag behind the board while mounted, it sounded a little dumb after I read that.

Though I booted the system while sitting on the bag with no problem. I dotn hink I will do that again. I am just pullin gmy hair out over this.

I should really invest in washers.