Sign in to follow this  
Bjoerner

Does this memory fit?

Hi guys,

I'm in need of your help. I've read through all the sticky memory threads to find an answer to my problem, but didn't.

I'm planning on buying one new ram-stick from MDT. I've read on some boards that it might work well with my mainboard (see sig) but since I'm having trouble with my current crappy ram I better ask the experts here.

Here's the fact-sheet: http://www.mdt.de/download/MDT_DDR184.pdf

I wonder if any of you guys tested the ram accidently or heard about compatibility problems.

Because I'm currently rather short on money (thanks to university ;) ) I only want to buy one 1gb ram-stick. I know that it's better to have two sticks because of the double-sided story but hey, you can't win 'em all.

If you want to overclock do not get Generic RAM. Not all types of memory will overclock as well. Take a look a these links; Recommended - RAM Guide for DFI nF4's. Look under (A list of good memory modules) and go with these.

Also take a look at; Tight timings? Loose timings? Dividers? 1T or 2T? 754 or 939? and Valid memory stick configurations.

Good memory is important and the other thing is always check your memory by enabling memtest in the BIOS. Run it for a least 3hr. I like to run new memory at stock settings for a minimum of 8 hr. Then I raise the FSB up to where I start to get errors, back it off and run memtest for 8 hr.

EDIT: Even if you do not plan to OC go with a quality memory your rig will thank you.

º¿º

Sign in to follow this