Which DFI NF4 version can support Dual 6600GT (Gigabyte 3D1)

I saw on modded bios information that it has been added:

There will be a " Dual 6600GT Card support " option in the Genie bios , enable it will support the Gigabyte 3D1 or ASUS Dual 6600GT Chip Display card

but the question is, will it work also on a simple DFI NF4 Ultra-D (maybe with chipset modded, since I read that SLI is only disabled but can be enabled) or a NF4 SLI is needed?

and in second case, someone can point me somewhere to get a summary of differences for all the latest DFI model? (i've just sold my DFI LP NF2 Ultra B and I miss that baby....and I'm thinking about swap my just bought mobo, 'cause of the incoming Gigabyte 3D1 dual 6600GT arriving in next days :rolleyes: )

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you Angry...

now i'm just wondering if it could be supported from my current board (ASrock 939Dual) aswell, maybe with Uli patch..

added:

but DFI support it only if the option is enabled in bios? because if so, I think there should be some trick to make it support, so maybe not all NF4 would support it, correct me if I'm wrong..

ok m8s, can you help me now?

I've just bought a DFI SLI-DR (and, can you please explain me the difference from my LP SLI-DR and LP UT SLI-DR?)

but couldn't enable SLI with Gigabyte 3D1, first I tried with mobo switch in single mode and checking Enable Dual 6600GT in latest modded 406 bios from Tony, but nothing,

then I tried moving the switch to SLI setup on board (enable Dual 6600GT option disappeared from bios settings), reinstalled drivers, but still nothing...

what should I do?

Thanks!

no-one? :(

I've read angry explaining settings for Gigabyte...

switch in Normal mode (non-SLI)

and enable ND Dual Support on bios...

but....ForceWare still asks me about another card...any tricky point I missed?

thanks!

ok m8s, can you help me now?

I've just bought a DFI SLI-DR (and, can you please explain me the difference from my LP SLI-DR and LP UT SLI-DR?)

but couldn't enable SLI with Gigabyte 3D1, first I tried with mobo switch in single mode and checking Enable Dual 6600GT in latest modded 406 bios from Tony, but nothing,

then I tried moving the switch to SLI setup on board (enable Dual 6600GT option disappeared from bios settings), reinstalled drivers, but still nothing...

what should I do?

Thanks!

The SLI setup isn't the easiest thing, but it's not too hard....

1) Install card #1 in the upper slot, leave SLI jumpers (all 6 of 'em) in their default, non-SLI config

2) Boot OS, install drivers (get the latest of course)

3) Power down the machine, move the jumpers to the SLI slots, install card 2, put the SLI connector on the cards

4) Power on, and go in to the BIOS - you will need to find the "SLI Broadcast Aperture" setting (I'm not in front of my machine right now, will post exact section later if not answered), and set this to "Auto"

5) Boot OS, install drivers for card #2

6) After the second card is installed you should get a pop-up saying SLI is available (see pics below) - click on the message and then select the option "Enable SLI multi-GPU". Done!

how4_diagram.jpg

how5_diagram1.jpg

For some more detailed steps you can check out the guide on SLI Zone

Ah, well, I have a pair of 6800xt cards for sale that will work with the above instructions :)

Seriously though, take my steps above, AND use the "enable Dual 6600GT" option and see if that improves things... Sorry for the oversight - I've only dealt with the SLI connector cards.

try Hokei's trick...and if it doesn't work, send me a pm and I will hook you up with HQ in Taiwan as they might be able to help...I don't have a dual-6600 card so I am going to be no help other than the previous answer I've supplied (that it does work but I don't know exactly how to make it work lol)

also try the newest drivers (beta even) as they have support for multiple gpu'd cards